Refer vans

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
I know Fedx has at least one,wondering if there adding anymore.If there's other companys moving that way i'd be interested in knowing.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw this one at vegan truck stop the other day.

Attachments

• Reefer Van.jpg
    Reefer Van.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 27

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe that wasn't a reefer van. I think it was setup to haul corrosives like acid. Bummer, somebody like forgot the placards, man.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Moot, that is a reefer van...look closer, see the reefer still attached to the roach clip? There on the dash next to the opium pipe.

Olex126

Seasoned Expediter
In Ontario, ERB Transport out of New Hamburg, has a fleet of owner-operator reefer vans in operation. I personally know two of the van O/O's, and they are doing well, although they are suffering a bit now due to the general economy. The rates are good, mileage can be as in automotive, anything from a local run to a McDonalds 'cause they're running low on hamburger patties, up to a 2500-mile, one-ton load of specialty steaks to a downtown "hoity-toity" restaurant in some far-away city/state/province. They also run non-reefer freight to fill in when the reefer side is slow.

Unknown as to whether they hire U.S. brokers or company drivers, but they are a top-notch outfit as far as pay, benefits, and equipment goes. Web link included in case you want to pursue it further.

Regards.

Dave

Welcome to the Erb Group of Companies - United States and Canada Truck Transportation Service

XpressHaul

Seasoned Expediter

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Call them. don't worry what they show on the site because it has been proven that 1 out of 8000 websites up date information quarterly and 1 out of 350,000 monthly - I think thats the right order. well the point is much of the internet don't update regularly.

XpressHaul

Seasoned Expediter
Their site gets updated often. They always update the job openings for AZ and DZ drivers. But never show anything for van work. But I'm sure calling them is better.