Reefer Trailers buying frenzy

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
You're making a buck twenty because of your negativity and lack of a plan to make things better for yourself. Quit complaining. There's no crying in trucking. Improve yourself. Read. Study. Educate. The problem with most truckers is we all think we know every darn thing. For every ten of us we have 14 different opinions. Only you can improve your lot in life. Listen to the tone of your posts. You are angry, miserable, and negative. You can change that. I was you 13 years ago. I had to admit I didn't know every darn thing. Once I was at peace with that I searched for help finding a solution to my financial problems. I devised a plan. Then I worked the plan...... hard. Real hard. Nothing was easy. And nothing was handed to me. Landstar didn't fix me. I fixed me.

You can take my story to heart. You can disregard it. Or you can disagree with it and stay negative. But with regards to the 3rd one, I've got no more time to respond to that garbage. Life's good now. It wasn't back then. My story is not exceptional. It is possible.

Off to Boston with one of the last protect from freeze hazmat loads of this season. Produce season is ramping up and the produce agents are already calling.

Good luck all.

I'm not making a buck twenty I'm not leased on to land star lol @ this guy breaking me down . Bragging on his mad skills and loads .

Mark Chase

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure there's good money in reefer. And in flat. And in dry freight. And there's crappy money in all of these too. The jackazz above pulls $1.20 freight and bitches on a board about how bad things are. He needs a wake-up call. Business isn't easy, pal. It's hard. Nothing is handed to you. You have to work. Get creative. Read a book and learn something. I'm calling agents every day. When I know I'll be in a certain region on Friday without a load, which is unusual because agents call me quite a bit, I'll start calling Monday or Tuesday. I remind them my equipment is late model so their freight won't be late while I'm in the shop broke down, I remind them that I treat their customers like they are my own. I send agents my business cards. I have a little calendar I mail to my 20 best agents with my name, truck and trailer number, and phone number. After every completed load I hand-write a thank you note and mail it to the agent. How many out of 10,000 drivers do you think does that? One? Two? Maybe. Half the game is acting like you give a flip. Set yourself apart from the 95% of the world that is ordinary. Or stay negative and bitter like Mr. Buck Twenty and see where that gets you.

Reactions: Kerry Barton

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
Sure there's good money in reefer. And in flat. And in dry freight. And there's crappy money in all of these too. The jackazz above pulls $1.20 freight and bitches on a board about how bad things are. He needs a wake-up call. Business isn't easy, pal. It's hard. Nothing is handed to you. You have to work. Get creative. Read a book and learn something. I'm calling agents every day. When I know I'll be in a certain region on Friday without a load, which is unusual because agents call me quite a bit, I'll start calling Monday or Tuesday. I remind them my equipment is late model so their freight won't be late while I'm in the shop broke down, I remind them that I treat their customers like they are my own. I send agents my business cards. I have a little calendar I mail to my 20 best agents with my name, truck and trailer number, and phone number. After every completed load I hand-write a thank you note and mail it to the agent. How many out of 10,000 drivers do you think does that? One? Two? Maybe. Half the game is acting like you give a flip. Set yourself apart from the 95% of the world that is ordinary. Or stay negative and bitter like Mr. Buck Twenty and see where that gets you.

I
Don't
Pull
Freight
I
Was
Making
An
Analogy
You
Simpleton

Post some of your recent rate cons up tho . That 3.50 a mile out of laredo lol

Mark Chase

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Right now the best reefer freight is out of California, New Mexico (onions), and Nogales (melons). There's $3 reefer freight out of all three on the board. I don't pull that cheap $3 crap unless I need to get somewhere though. Not worth my time. Laredo to Canada is pretty good right now but you won't see any of the good stuff on the boards. The Canadian drivers are all over that and if two loads pay the same the one I'm taking is the freight staying in the U.S. Less hassles. But I do occasionally go to Canada, especially if one of my agents begs and throws a stellar rate. Laredo to the Seaboard will be hot in June and July. The spring and summer can't touch the winter. I work 7 months straight when its cold. The next two or three months I'm at the lake a lot blowing off steam from the long winter. But produce freight can be almost as good as winter hazmat. It's just spottier.

I ain't posting any rate sheets or cut and pasting anything off the LS board. Nice try though. You can do that if you want and see how Landstar responds. Why don't you post all the $1.20 freight and see if Jacksonville calls. It's not called a proprietary board for nothing. Nor is it password protected for schitz and giggles.

Have you ever in your life said the words "I can?"

Or are you just predisposed to always reflexively think and say "I can't?"

Mark Chase

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happens all the time to the most reliable drivers with great equipment who have the confidence of their agents. It never happens to you I'm sure. I'm willing to bet one of my houses that you've never spent an extra 10 seconds to hand write a thank you note to anyone about anything ever in your life, so no there aren't any agents that would view you as indispensable on a critical load where the agent might lose a very profitable customer if the driver screws up.

But why listen to me? You already know everything. Like I said I was you more than a decade ago. Thank you for reminding me what a negative ugly know it all azz I was. Never want to go back there.

But you are right. You can't. So keep pulling your buck twenty freight and good luck with that. The whole world is stacked against you and crying about it in post after post on an open board will surely improve things apparently.

I may not be a Landstar millionaire but I'll be back working on it on Tuesday. For now I'm watching a girl in a string bikini riding a wave runner while I drink an ice cold Pale Ale on this magnificent holiday weekend at the lake. Life is good.

Now you will post another negative thing about Landstar and your lot in life and how things are too hard to be successful. How do I know you will? Because that's what negative, know it all me would have done 15 years ago.

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
Astonishing off topic.
You're the most brilliant smartest driver ever and your steering wheel holder abilities are gold

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You're the most brilliant smartest driver ever and your steering wheel holder abilities are gold
You gonna stick your tongue out at him next? :rolleyes:

Personal attacks are by definition off-topic. Please stay on topic.

Mark Chase

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sheesh
What a shame you think of yourself as merely a "steering wheel holder."

But you are right, $1.20 per mile for a steering wheel holder about covers it.

Hey our local Walmart is hiring greeters.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What a shame you think of yourself as merely a "steering wheel holder."

But you are right, $1.20 per mile for a steering wheel holder about covers it.

Hey our local Walmart is hiring greeters.
What part of Please stay on topic is throwing you?

Reactions: Steady Eddie