Redneck Roadsynes

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Any of ya'll had experiences with hillariously funny roadsigns? I was going up I65 today and just to the south of mm86 on the East side there is a roadsign which I may have read wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the sign said "Used Cows for Sale". Another instance, I was going down US30 when you get into Pennsylvania from W. Virginia there is another roadsign that some had spelled as "Got Farwood" I'm pretty sure they meant Firewood. And years back I was in Alliance, OH and the Taco Bell across from Mt. Union college had issued a sign that said "Now hiring losers." I imagine the C must have fell off. And finally, driving on US 127 just to the north of Chattanooga, TN there is a building and in big letters says "Tennessee Wirehouse" not sure if they meant Warehouse of they make wire there. I can only imagine how they came up with the name....lol:D If ya'll have pics of misspelled or crazy signs post them here as I will if I run across these or others.

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Fall: Hate to bust yur buble but this here ain't redneck talk. Jes comon dun her to the south and we teach youins how to spell.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ah, yes, here in the South, where we can pronounce the word "egg" with two syllables.

On US 641 half way between Murray, KY and Paris, TN there is an antique shop. Out front there is a sign that reads: Antiques Made While You Wait

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Hey Fall: Hate to bust yur buble but this here ain't redneck talk. Jes comon dun her to the south and we teach youins how to spell.

Hey Robsdad,I hate to burst your bubble but that youins ain't from the south.That's a genuine import from Pennsylvania.DD.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
THis isn't a redneck saying, or a sign, but thought it was sort of the same. I was reading the newspaper, and came upon the local support groups. I saw one that said OverEaters Anonymous meeting today at 01:30 In Building "F" at 1200 such and such street. Hmm....did I read that wrong? Nope, it said that, "F" at. Anyone else think someone was just seeing if anyone noticed that? It was humorous, but if I was the one going to the meeting, I probably would've felt a little offended.

I always see signs where people don't spell things right, and you have to wonder if they even notice? Does anyone ever point it out to them? I can't remember any in particular, but have seen some pretty funny ones too.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
From a recent email titled "This Had To Be Painful". Not a sign but a mis-spell in a newspaper article.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 16

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
There is a liquor store in Brinkley,AR that has a saying painted on the side of it's building I just love. You may say it ain't redneck but I like it.

No Drankin Outside. No standin on da cona hollerin.Dat Da Law. Leave sto and go home.