Recruiting spam

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the letter is from a legitimate source using an unsub link is no problem. More times than not you are fine to use it but there are some true spammers will will use it for what you mentioned.

Those are the ones Leo wants to kill :p

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I would agree with highway, like his letter my guess is your letter also had remove instructions but you were so mad from the moment you read the subject line you could not see this fact.

I wondered that myself after he mentioned it, so I went back and looked. No removal option or instructions.

I would also guess that at some point in the past you filled in something somewhere for the fed such as an online inquiry about work or some other type thing but have forgot about that.

Never. I'd never sign on with them. Filled out nothing. There is no place other than here that this address is connected with expediting.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Forgive me, but, your reaction seems a teeny bit harsh. I really don't see any great conspiracy here or any intentional flaunting of the law. At the risk of offending you, I suggest you take a valium and make yourself a tinfoil hat.
A tinfoil hat is said to be for someone who believes in conspiracy theories. This has nothing to do with a conspiracy theory.

How can this not be about flaunting (sic) of the law? There's the law, and then someone takes an action comprised of several intentional, voluntary steps to violate it... Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a couple of others mentioned, I did get a phone call in addition to the e-mail. While I didn't attend the Expo, I did register for it. My assumption was they got the info from that. Is that possible, EO bigwigs?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I get their e-mails a couple times every other week or so, and I also get their hard postcards in the snail mail once or twice a month, just got one saturday... I too figure that they got the info from the Expo registration or maybe from the EO magazine list...either way...its not a big deal to me either way...

Amonger, you could just lok at their recrutment efforts as they want the best and they are after you!!!! Be proud, they feel you have something they want!!!:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I get their e-mails a couple times every other week or so, and I also get their hard postcards in the snail mail once or twice a month, just got one saturday... I too figure that they got the info from the Expo registration or maybe from the EO magazine list...either way...its not a big deal to me either way...

Amonger, you could just lok at their recrutment efforts as they want the best and they are after you!!!! Be proud, they feel you have something they want!!!:D

Gee that gives me the warm and fuzzies...I don't get nothin...email or snail mail....

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The guy on the phone used wording that made it sound like I'd expressed interest in them. LOL... Nothing could be further from the truth.