REALLY NEED A DISPATHER THAT KNOWS HOW TO FIND LOADS 26' BOX TRUCKS

danINtheLionsDen

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've recently lost one of the best dispatchers I've ever worked with due to the war in Ukraine. Supposedly he was from Ukraine and he went back home to support his country. Any suggestions?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've recently lost one of the best dispatchers I've ever worked with due to the war in Ukraine. Supposedly he was from Ukraine and he went back home to support his country. Any suggestions?
Forget about looking for a "dispatcher" and sign on with a reputable company, you will probably get better rates and have access to lower cost insurance.

I would love to know where this whole "dispatch service" thing got started.

Donron213

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
I
I can help you. I have an office full of dispatchers. I can assign someone to you.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I

I can help you. I have an office full of dispatchers. I can assign someone to you.
That's all good and well and everything, but what is the average rate for all miles,, empty and loaded combined? Who pays what insurance? How many weeks until a owner operator can expect his 1st settlement check? Are your dispatchers looking for loads on a 24/7/365 basis? What, if any, are the expected deductions? Just a few things prospective o/o's should be asking...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just realized something, the poster drives a 26ft box truck, which means more than likely it does not have a sleeper on it, so any of the big companies are not going to sign him on, but if he has his own authority, he would need one of the "dispatch services"

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been amazed at all the people buying these box trucks and vans the wanting a dispatcher. It all started when the China flu hit . I've posted many times to read this site back about 10-15 years then maybe find a O/O here that is needing a driver but they want to argue that they can't make any money driving for someone else. But they dont look back at spending all that money for a vehicle and then posting wanting info on this or that.
I look at their profiles and just about all of them are foreigners. Or a color. I'M NOT TRYING TO BE S OR RACIST. JUST STATING FACTS. And the same claiming to be dispatchers.

Pgjay

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I've been amazed at all the people buying these box trucks and vans the wanting a dispatcher. It all started when the China flu hit . I've posted many times to read this site back about 10-15 years then maybe find a O/O here that is needing a driver but they want to argue that they can't make any money driving for someone else. But they dont look back at spending all that money for a vehicle and then posting wanting info on this or that.
I look at their profiles and just about all of them are foreigners. Or a color. I'M NOT TRYING TO BE S OR RACIST. JUST STATING FACTS. And the same claiming to be dispatchers.
“Or a color”??? What does that mean????

Jason_Devore

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I never had a good dispatcher. I'm doing Amazon so there is no need.

If you want the good money you need to get on DAT and just talk to brokers every day. Some are lowballing :censoredsign: heads but you must cut through that. It's intimidating for sure. You will be on the phone all day some days. But you gotta try yourself. 10% saved is 10% earned.