Ready for another Feb-ulos Month

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Against all odds...
Congratulations to Russia on gold medals in men's ice hockey!
Meanwhile, "OC USA is pondering as to why they had worse results in the last 20 years at these Olympics"
Coincidence?
I think not...

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."
Against all odds?
I actually thought the odds were in their favour, considering the best players in the world didn't participate ..

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Avoid the J in Aurora, CO till the end of April, if at all possible.
It's being remodeled. The majority of the place is gutted ... 1 bathroom in service, like 5 showers available. Yesterday I waited over an hour for a shower.
No tables or benches. Staff politely let me use this chair that was just sitting in a stock room.
On a positive note, if the lounge stays in the current configuration it will have decreased in size considerably.

0225182142.jpg

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Was reading about Xmudman gas deal, if I had a gas van I would be running 89 or 93 octane all the time. I know it would be a waste of money, just like the higher octane.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Against all odds?
I actually thought the odds were in their favour, considering the best players in the world didn't participate ..

Well...
If you don't consider that they were almost banned from participating at Olympics...

"some of the world’s greatest hockey players, including Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby, were not allowed at the Games"
You are right, the best were stopped from going to to Olympics. Wait, Alex is from Russia...

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well...
If you don't consider that they were almost banned from participating at Olympics...

"some of the world’s greatest hockey players, including Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby, were not allowed at the Games"
You are right, the best were stopped from going to to Olympics. Wait, Alex is from Russia...

Nope, I'm not taking into consideration that they should have been banned for the egregious cheating that went on in Sochi!

I give credit where it's due. Some of the best players in the world are most definitely Russian. But this Russian team didn't go against the best ... it's simply not the same.

Hopefully the NHL can straighten that out next time ...

Reactions: VSprinter

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope, I'm not taking into consideration that they should have been banned for the egregious cheating that went on in Sochi!

I give credit where it's due. Some of the best players in the world are most definitely Russian. But this Russian team didn't go against the best ... it's simply not the same.

Hopefully the NHL can straighten that out next time ...

"The NHL conducted polls in both Canada and the United States to determine if fans were in favor of the League taking a break in February to allow players to compete in the Olympics. In the United States, 73 percent said they were not in favor. In Canada, it was 53 percent against the break."

Money talks, people have spoken their mind.

Reactions: Grizzly

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Seriously, the difference in viewpoint is the difference in our ages. When I was VSprinter's age the Olympics was predominantly an amateur event. I don't remember participants from professional sports or individuals that got million dollar endorsements to live off of snowboarding. But hey, we pay college football players now, right?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seriously, the difference in viewpoint is the difference in our ages. When I was VSprinter's age the Olympics was predominantly an amateur event. I don't remember participants from professional sports or individuals that got million dollar endorsements to live off of snowboarding. But hey, we pay college football players now, right?

Thank God, you were my age at some point. I thought...
Totally agree that the commercialization of sports ruins the sportsmanship for everyone.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Idea for this year's Expediting Show. Expeditors Olympics. We could have some great events.

BID BOARD - They could post loads of various distance and destination and see who can get below .50 CPM fastest.

MARATHON - New York to LA and back. See how long it takes for a solo driver to take the load direct with 100 hour time.

WEIGHTLIFTING - How much weight can a truck actually carry with "Under 10,000 GVW" on their doors. (Event only open to yellow truck)

LIARS POKER - Take the guys that claim they would never run under a $1, make them sit in one place and keep offering them lower bids to see would caves.

I'm sure we can add more events!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After 4 broken lines today ... got one on the line ... not great miles but all miles paid ... waiting at shipper now .. because of famous question..
Does anyone know about a Hot Load going out ..?

While waiting i used the Men's rest room.. in memory of WOM i shook hands with the Unemployed ...

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Reactions: Worn Out Manager