Ready for another Feb-ulos Month

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So what did they say the actual problem was? Saying the fuel you use is the reason sounds a little sketchy to me...not unheard of...but sketchy.
Well, there are three tiers of gas, I guess. Top tier, that has additives and such to keep your engine clean; middle tier, that is just decent gas that may or may not be clean; and bottom tier, or no name junk gas- the stuff Ali sells from behind bulletproof glass.

I bought 6 gal of bottom tier gas, so as not to be late for Nancy's surgery. After15 miles and one small mountain, the van stalled and wouldn't start. The dealer replaced the fuel pump, then dumped the gas out of the tank and cleaned it. Filled up with Sunoco this morning and did a shortie to NJ; van purred like a kitten

Sent from my LG-M150 using EO Forums mobile app

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interesting xmudman....I have seen the bulletproof glass places doctoring (water) thier fuel...the Citgo at Telegraph and West Rd comes to mind.

I try not to buy fuel from anywhere that's a franchisee...someplace that would benefit from messing with the fuel. Corporate places (like a Speedway) hire employees that don't have any motivation to do that crap.

Nice to hear you're fixed up n running.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interesting xmudman....I have seen the bulletproof glass places doctoring (water) thier fuel...the Citgo at Telegraph and West Rd comes to mind.

I try not to buy fuel from anywhere that's a franchisee...someplace that would benefit from messing with the fuel. Corporate places (like a Speedway) hire employees that don't have any motivation to do that crap.

Nice to hear you're fixed up n running.
It has more to do with quality of fuel and its purity due to not cleaning up the holding tank/having old rusted tank, and getting fuel from unknown source, than messing with it at the gas station.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got the Espar installed today. Tomorrow the spray foam insulation goes in or on the walls. I know what you’re thinking , why didn’t he get the spray foam insulation done first? Well that was what I was planning to do but couldn’t get a hold of anyone to call me back until I had already scheduled the Espar installation for today (the earliest time I could get in there.). So after the spray foam insulation goes in should be ready to go back in service sometime Friday afternoon.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got the Espar installed today. Tomorrow the spray foam insulation goes in or on the walls. I know what you’re thinking , why didn’t he get the spray foam insulation done first? Well that was what I was planning to do but couldn’t get a hold of anyone to call me back until I had already scheduled the Espar installation for today (the earliest time I could get in there.). So after the spray foam insulation goes in should be ready to go back in service sometime Friday afternoon.
Who's doing the foam?

Reactions: RoadTime

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who's doing the foam?
There’s a guy west of Lexington Mi that bought the business that had done the old sprinter 6 yrs ago. He’s done vehicles in the past. A matter of fact he is going to charge me for he same price on this van as the old sprinter.

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There’s a guy west of Lexington Mi that bought the business that had done the old sprinter 6 yrs ago. He’s done vehicles in the past. A matter of fact he is going to charge me for he same price on this van as the old sprinter.
A Price for Curious Minds ..? And future plans..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A Price for Curious Minds ..? And future plans..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Yeah, how much!? We wanna know how much we can squeeze this guy for ;)
Do you know how much weight it adds?

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Had my spray foam insulation done by Pure-Seal in Mentor, OH. With finished paneling and doing roof and floor in the Promaster has an R12 in floor and I think R20 everywhere else. Added about 700 lbs with all that. Total cost was about $4000. Very Well done. Call Torsten at Pure-Seal.

FYI without insulation in cold weather while driving used to have to keep heat on high, now I have fan on lowest setting and rarely other than at beginning turn heat higher than half to 2/3.
Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited: