Read Your Contract!

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I recently parted with a company who is located in Saville, OH. I took off the Qualcom myself, and drove it up to deliver it to the company. When I got the summary of my expenses, I noticed a charge of $250.00 for Qualcom Processing. I found this to be excessive because the only thing the company did was sign for the unit.

When I questioned the charge, I was told that it is in your contract. I read the contract and found the amount to be $150.00. Still more that the autograph was worth, but it is in the contract. I brought this to their attention. Turns out I had a "misprinted" contract. Seems that the "printer" had put in the wrong amount. I was credited with $100.00, and am now a happy camper. However, It occured to me that a few people may have left the company, or will in the future who have the same contract. I am sure that the company will notify ex contractors who may have been shorted. After all, that is the ethical thing to do. However, you may what to check your contracts.

Road Hooligan

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
Was this contract with a carrier based in Seville or where you leased on to a carrier in Sevile by a fleet owner?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I wouldn't care to hazard a GUESS on the Company in Seville Ohio. Also I would not suggest to anyone who has left the Company to start spending any monies you thought you had coming.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I am guessing you were with this company in Seville, Ohio for less than 9 months?
Well, yeah, if you mean for less than 9 months after his term ended as a member of the Driver Council.

No, he'd been there a while. Longer than a while. ;)

Last edited:

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
Ok. I only asked because when I gave my CV driver the van she drove for me I was charged for QC and Vinyl because unit had been on for less than 9 months. After explaining that it was still there but under a different contract it was refunded the following week.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Yep, when I left the said company, they charged me 250. I asked them what it is for, since I removed the QC myself. They responded that it is the fee they charge to have the QC units refurbished.
I was wondering, why do we have to pay for the reburbishing of the company's QC? Well, I guess this is another way for a company to make money. Just think about their turnover rate.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have talked to others who have had simular problems, but with different issues. It appears that the company has some real problems with their printer. I didn't realize that a printer changed anything that was given them to print.

If I didn't know better, I would think that the problem may not be with the printer.

Oh, and I had seven and a half years contracting with them.

Road Hooligan