Re:double posts

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the double posting is a problem EO is trying to fix. Although I only saw one post from Dale, so either the double was deleted or removed before I saw it or it only shows doubles on some peoples computers, weird eh!!!

bring Dakotas comment down to the right topic....

mine too has been hanging up....right when it get to " contacting google analytical"

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Re: double posts

For the last few days Google analyticals have had a few issues with their response to requests. It is not just this site but others that are having the same issue. I would recommend that when the page (box) appears, in full, hit the stop button.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Yes, it's affecting thousands of sites. They said they are working on a solution. Very frustrating! We shall see.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

Thank you Ken for moving my post, thought maybe my computer was messing up also, don't know what this google analytical thing is never seen that

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Google Analytics

It is an easy way of tracking how your website is doing in the internet world.

You, the user don't see a thing. What it does is every time someone clicks on an EO page, there is a piece of code on the Eo page that tells the browser to pull info from Google's server and when that happens, google records your info, like where in the country you are and other info that can be useful to us.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Can we not just cut the connection temporarily till google gets their act together.:confused:.it is throwing my VZ manager into fits..I have to re connect every time...

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Yea it can be done, it is simple to do but ... it will mess up Lawrence's stats.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Can we not just cut the connection temporarily till google gets their act together.:confused:.it is throwing my VZ manager into fits..I have to re connect every time...

Okay they said problem solved. I'm not sure why you are still having problems.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

You are behind Greg in your post count Ken, you better catch up. :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

It just happened again...got hung up in the same spot...waiting for google....
Don't use that POS Connection Manager. The Aircard is a modem. Just create a Dialup Networking conenction shortcut on the desktop. Dial #777 no password needed.

Reactions: 1 person

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Well, yeah, Sister Sarah, but it will bypass the VZAccess Manager, which is constantly trying to muck things up, poking it's nose into where it doesn't belong, slowing things down and dropping connections all the time.

You'll need to use the Access Manager when connecting to those WiFi locations, but for regular Aircard use there's no need for it.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

again with the post count?

I did the same thing and only when i was in NYC, I had to use the "included software" again thanks shelled one.