Quiting = no pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was just told that if you quit bolt then you won't get paid your last three checks. I've never heard of such a thing for a company to do this. Is this true or not? If you have ran for bolt and quit, did you get all that was supposed to come to you? I don't like the idea of a company holding me hostage:banghead:.
SENT FROM YO MAMA'S HOUSE!

I got my money from Bolt, no problems at all.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I was just told that if you quit bolt then you won't get paid your last three checks. I've never heard of such a thing for a company to do this. Is this true or not? If you have ran for bolt and quit, did you get all that was supposed to come to you? I don't like the idea of a company holding me hostage:banghead:.

When I left Bolt I got my money but it took them much longer than it stated in the contract to return my escrow money.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

noneya

Active Expediter
When I left Bolt I got my money but it took them much longer than it stated in the contract to return my escrow money.

Why? What was their excuse for the hold up of your escrow? Smh

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Why? What was their excuse for the hold up of your escrow? Smh

After numerous messages were left with the driver relations department (aka the answering machine that no one listens to) we never got a call back. So we just started calling wrong departments like customer service to interrupt their business and got excuses like the person that deals with that is on vacation.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Escrow shouldn't be an issue if the owner is just doing a driver change in a vehicle.
Driver A is leaving.
Driver B will be here in a week.

noneya

Active Expediter
After numerous messages were left with the driver relations department (aka the answering machine that no one listens to) we never got a call back. So we just started calling wrong departments like customer service to interrupt their business and got excuses like the person that deals with that is on vacation.

That's typical of them.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a feeling that you weren't told that by any Bolt employee.

I have a feeling this person is here to stir the pot or he/she is the problem and not the carriers.

Well, I have learned from past experience not to do business with a fleet owner who does not want the potential driver to see the contract before going into service. #redflag#1

SENT FROM YA MAMA'S HOUSE

This from a post about Load One http://www.expeditersonline.com/for...load1-pj-shower-arrangement-3.html#post625030
I completed orientation today and I hope this works out because I am tired of changing carriers, taking dot physicals and paying to pee in cups.

This person also has claimed to have been with Panther and FedEx.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
to give credit where it might not be owed.....a driver has no choice but to follow the owner of the truck.....the fleet owner might just be the culprit in some of these changes...we don't know all the facts....after all just a "driver"

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I've wondered if OP has talked to Bolt about lack of miles or whatever the problem is ?

A wacky owner can hold back a good driver.

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
to give credit where it might not be owed.....a driver has no choice but to follow the owner of the truck.....the fleet owner might just be the culprit in some of these changes...we don't know all the facts....after all just a "driver"

Biggest thing Bolt has nothing to due with pay to a driver of a fleet owners truck. All Bolt says is weather they a qualified to drive for Bolt. Pretty simple got be careful of who drive for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

noneya

Active Expediter
Biggest thing Bolt has nothing to due with pay to a driver of a fleet owners truck. All Bolt says is weather they a qualified to drive for Bolt. Pretty simple got be careful of who drive for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

How about not driving for anyone, but yourself! Driving for a fleet owner is for the birds and is something I am never ever ever eeeever doing again!

noneya

Active Expediter
I've wondered if OP has talked to Bolt about lack of miles or whatever the problem is ?

A wacky owner can hold back a good driver.

Oh yeah, I could complain to them about their crappy low rates, but I doubt they will increase them.

noneya

Active Expediter
I have a feeling this person is here to stir the pot or he/she is the problem and not the carriers.

This from a post about Load One http://www.expeditersonline.com/for...load1-pj-shower-arrangement-3.html#post625030

This person also has claimed to have been with Panther and FedEx.

And I have a feeling you are a paranoid #####. Also, I have never ran for fedex, but I have ran or should I say babysat a vehicle for panther.

Edited for content...Please Watch the language..your a professional remember NOT a grimey person who speaks gutter talk....

Ken aka OVM

Last edited by a moderator:

noneya

Active Expediter
I'm thinking a job jumper that should find another line of work.

Well if it aint working out, throw it out! Maybe I should because I see that there is a lot of grimey ppl in this industry.

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
South Dakota snow plow driver .....Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Previous posts by this person bash and warn others to avoid certain carriers. I have found no mention of fleet owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.