Quiting = no pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noneya

Active Expediter
I was just told that if you quit bolt then you won't get paid your last three checks. I've never heard of such a thing for a company to do this. Is this true or not? If you have ran for bolt and quit, did you get all that was supposed to come to you? I don't like the idea of a company holding me hostage:banghead:.
SENT FROM YO MAMA'S HOUSE!

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Seriously, do you have a contract ?
Are you giving them reason not to pay you ?
They may hold some funds, like escrow.
Read your contract.

noneya

Active Expediter
Seriously, do you have a contract ?
Are you giving them reason not to pay you ?
They may hold some funds, like escrow.
Read your contract.

I haven't quit yet, but I was told that this is something new with them.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not something established companies tend to do. Sounds like cb chatter.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

noneya

Active Expediter
Not something established companies tend to do. Sounds like cb chatter.

You might be right as truckers are known for telling not so true stories.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Goes back to read your contract.

I guess they could write a contract that says you forfeit three weeks income when you leave. Who would sign that,other than people that don't read the contract ?

noneya

Active Expediter
Goes back to read your contract.

I guess they could write a contract that says you forfeit three weeks income when you leave. Who would sign that,other than people that don't read the contract ?

I never signed a contract with them. Also, I stated that the person said bolt just started this nonsense.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If you signed a contract, and they just started this, they would likely be bound by the contract you had signed.

A good guess is that once you quit they may hold any outstanding money for 45 days to be sure there are no unreported claims against them. Property damage, or frt claims.

Then, if they're decent, and I have no reason to suspect they are not, they should pay you what you are owed.

A problem I see is that you may not know what you are owed due to the lack of a contract.

My advice would be to call them and explain that you've decided to move on. Ask what they want you to do to make it a pleasant separation for all involved.
You may want to do this in person at the office, or be near home.
You most likely will be done immediately.
Bolt drivers will have more insight, I'm sure.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you an owner or do you drive for one. I would be a little surprised if bolt doesn't sign contracts.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was that before or after "the person" told you about the bridge they had for sale? I suspect they're about equally credible on both.

noneya

Active Expediter
If you signed a contract, and they just started this, they would likely be bound by the contract you had signed.

A good guess is that once you quit they may hold any outstanding money for 45 days to be sure there are no unreported claims against them. Property damage, or frt claims.

Then, if they're decent, and I have no reason to suspect they are not, they should pay you what you are owed.

A problem I see is that you may not know what you are owed due to the lack of a contract.

My advice would be to call them and explain that you've decided to move on. Ask what they want you to do to make it a pleasant separation for all involved.
You may want to do this in person at the office, or be near home.
You most likely will be done immediately.
Bolt drivers will have more insight, I'm sure.

Yeah, I will just call them and get the info straight from the horses mouth.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
You'd be better not having a contract with Bolt than not having a contract with an owner. :)

Bolt doesn't need to be involved in you leaving an owner.
And Bolt probably won't act as a referee.

noneya

Active Expediter
You'd be better not having a contract with Bolt than not having a contract with an owner. :)

Bolt doesn't need to be involved in you leaving an owner.
And Bolt probably won't act as a referee.

That makes sense.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I drove for Bolt a few years ago. When I left, they paid what was due, and there were no surprises on either side. I could go back tomorrow, if I wanted, but it just didn't fit for me. They are not in business to rip drivers off, ok?
Listening to unsubstantiated chatter is a waste of time, energy, and space in your brain - if you have enough of those to waste, then enjoy. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.