Questions about pallet pullers

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
There’s no one size fits all formula, but maybe best said with the Promaster, heavy in the middle doesn’t hurt, but preferably heaviest directly over back axle.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I know in my Sprinter, if I set a 2500 pound skid on the back, I'm poppin' wheelies all the way to the delivery.

Reactions: Moot and Solar

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Don't know about the other vans, but at least with the Sprinter there is that headlamp beam adjuster where you can lower the beam back down when loaded heavy

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't know about the other vans, but at least with the Sprinter there is that headlamp beam adjuster where you can lower the beam back down when loaded heavy

I don’t have that in the Promaster.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

I don’t have that in the Promaster.
It's very kewl. A 3 position wheel switch on the dash that let's you lower and raise the beam angle as needed. Most vans, pickups and SUVs should have them. It would make the whole world a nicer place.

Reactions: Moot and Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
92875D00-870D-4D2E-840C-D928F30BA373.jpeg

Just to say that there is a second use for the J-hook, as it is a easy tool for hooking under the truck if you need someone to pull you out of a snow bank or ditch

Had I realized what Acquisitions was saying, I probably would have bought the hook at the time.

Nonetheless, I realized I had been pulling out pallets with my 3,333lbs straps. Never had a problem.

So, I saw a Axle Strap, similar to the one pictured, only mine is black, and seeing it was also rated 3,333lbs, and that it was flat rings, and would slide right into position on a pallet, AND it is incredibly light and small, I took a chance on it.

Finally got to use it, it worked perfectly, so now I’ll put it on here and recommended it as a potential pallet puller for someone needing something light.

Reactions: Moot and Turtle