Question to the ladies

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
This is an open question to all the women drivers out there: Most women I have spoken with have no idea what they will wear when they get up in the morning. With so many women drivers wearing jeans and T shirts, do you have to decide which color shirt and which pair of jeans? Just curious. When I worked in the factory some of the women I worked with said they didn't know if they were going to wear the Levi's, the Wranglers, or the designer jeans. Same with the red, blue, or whatever T shirt. My wife is the same. I wear the T shirt that is on the top of the plastic tub under the bunk.
Thanks. :+ :+

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
All I can say in Thank God for uniforms! Takes that stress out of the morning and I can just worry about getting my coffee and starting the computer to catch up on EO.

In my former life you had to think of what you where going to be doing that day and which pair of pants were the most comfortable to wear for that day. Then you had to think of the shirt and also what you would be doing that day if you might get dirty or something spilled you might want a darker shirt. If you where just wanting to look good a lighter shirt might work. Then comes the decision of the shoes. You also have to plan the day and which shoes go with the day. As you can see the list goes on and on and on for how to get ready for a day that does not involve a truck. Life is so much easier now. I do have my street clothes with me and when we do something that involves us getting them out the decision is right there again. Drives Bob nuts!
We just went through this at home on what we need in the truck and I had to remind him the truck show is coming up and we dont want to wear only our unforms! So all my stuff has to go back in the truck.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Yep! - that is the simple answer! I am so thankful for the uniforms so I don't have to worry about it but, as Linda mentioned, there are times we are doing other things- shopping, being tourists - and the issue of which shirt and pants and what pair of shoes comes up again. I have to tell you a funny story. Back in my prior life when I had to wear hose and heels every day, I was shopping for a purse to match a pair of shoes I had just purchased in an odd color. I went from store to store in the mall holding the purses down to my shoes to make sure about a match. Finally my son (a four year old who wanted to look at GI Joe figures) said, "Look, Mom, that one matches your legs just fine. Let's get it so we can go."

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
No one is so old as the one who has outlived enthusiasm.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
I don't do uniforms. But I do have my jeans stack in order of preference. Some jeans just fit better than others. When I finish my laundry I put the least preferred jeans on the bottom of the stack and work my way up to my favorites.

As far as shirts, I let the weather decide. I always keep a couple "out of the truck" shirts for the days when we don't work.

It's a girl thing!

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
My wife is kind of like the woman in the poem, except she doesn't ever wear heels and she hardly visits her office. She is the PR person for the Chamber of Commerce. She mostly wanders through the local stores and BSs with the shop owners. She used to drive me nuts when we both got up in the mornings and got ready for work. I never could understand why she at least couldn't have underwear ready to wear. I told her that unless you are going to the office party you will likely to wear underwear. I can slightly understand the clothes and shoes decisions, but not the undies. She never could understand my having my T shirt, sox and undies laid out and ready to put on in the morning. Guess that's one of the differences of the sexes. :+ :+

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Skivvy tip:

fold T-shirt left to middle, then right to middle, lengthwise; fold shorts and place atop bottom of T-shirt; place socks atop shorts and then roll up into a neat package. You'll always have enough of everything when headed to the shower.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
If you are in Iraq you put them in nice zip lock bag. Clean and neat. I would have to open the bag to make sure that was the exact combination I would want.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Coco, I had to laugh when I read your post. I also stack my jeans, least favorite on the bottom. Why is it, when you buy the same brand, same size, and same color...they all don't fit the same??

For the most part, there's no worry about what is worn as long as it matches, and it's clean and neat. I do miss the FedEx shirts...that made it even easier!

Pappy

Expert Expediter
GEEEEEE! I guess the answer to this question is why my wife chose to work in a corporate office environment. I've been home and watched her do as many as 3 complete clothes changes trying to decide what to wear on a particular day. Guess all that matters is the fact that she did look good before she left home!
Pappy
;)

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
No uniform here either jeans t-shirt a or a button up westren shirt but the i decide on roper boots or just tennis shoes and the my cowgirl hat to top it all of the hat works great when you wake up and just have to run to the potty they can't tell how bad your hair is or how many sleep lines you still have on your face:D :D :D i just glad this small company does not mind as long as we are presentable

god bless and keep rolling
:) :) :) :) :)

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
It's usually a day to day decision here too. What matches and the darknesses for stains and such. Am I going to add oil or am I going to have to get on my knees to strap someting in. All good questions.

Speaking of uniforms haha. I am with panther elite services as well. Do you think they would mind us creating our own uniform combos?
MY idea is... codriver said not to say it cause someone will steal it lol. Anyway is a pair of an assortment of colors now so we can still choose per day. Black or urban camo or for safety the atomic orange camo pants http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/t...ctx=level3c.tam&backto=/agcatalog/level3c.tam
a t-shirt that can match with the pants or just be white with the panther logo on it. ANd possibly a camo to match hat to keep sun out of the eyes.
Another posibility is the combat boots.
All in all would make a nice "Elite service" uniform imo
tell me what ya think