QC messages

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Changes for the out of service: put #1 for sleep than put time & date in for back in service.........set for most of the day with no connection to the internet(air-card had no signal).....moved down the road,for a signal........showed I was still out of service 14hrs past the time I put in.

So,I guess I have to wake-up use the, back-in-service macro and then try to go back to sleep.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Changes for the out of service: put #1 for sleep than put time & date in for back in service.........set for most of the day with no connection to the internet(air-card had no signal).....moved down the road,for a signal........showed I was still out of service 14hrs past the time I put in.

So,I guess I have to wake-up use the, back-in-service macro and then try to go back to sleep.

You are the 2nd one with a problem using the combo macro....when you use both...it seems perfect...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What do you mean by using both?
Is there 2 I got to fill out before going to bed.
Yes and no....confused yet?...LOL

24 the back in service is the one when you wake up and submit it and go back to sleep.....

I am thinking the bottom part of 23 should just be deleted as it appears flawed...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The "possible" return date and time at the buttom of 23, if anything should put you in service "UNCONFIRMED"..then dispatch can call and comfirm or offer you a run and put you in service...but really it should just be deleted and you are responsible for putting yourself back in service using 24.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The "possible" return date and time at the buttom of 23, if anything should put you in service "UNCONFIRMED"..then dispatch can call and comfirm or offer you a run and put you in service...but really it should just be deleted and you are responsible for putting yourself back in service using 24.....

Exactly...it puts dispatch back in the action...the whole Idea was to eliminate dispatch involvement.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
You need to put yourself back in service. That field just gives dispatch an idea of when you plan on being back in service, it does not (at least for now) change your status.

dadeo2my3

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
Your Qualcomms are NOT broken.

I am waiting on the confirmation phone call on this but as far as I recall the rate is NOT an automatic message.
Here is what I remember and am waiting for confirmation on: There are 2 automatic messages that are sent for each shipment
1. is the actual shipment information
2. is the additional notes

The third message (the rate) is an additional message and is extra few keys strokes / mouse clicks for the dispatcher. This can be sent by the dispatchers or (as some have said) they are busy it is not something that is remembered.

AGAIN, I am waiting on confirmation of this but I am about 90% sure this is the current case (the rate is NOT an automatic message across the QC). As soon as I have the 100% answer from our software provider I will let everyone know.

dadeo2my3

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
As far as the OOS (macro 23) and INS (macro 24)...

Macro 23 puts you out of service automatically, taking the phone call away and also allows owner op to handle. The reason code gives dispatch the reason you are going out and you can enter a "rough time" of when you will be back in service and available. The time entered is not an automatic thing; just give disptach that note.

Macro 24 is also automatic once the owner op sends the message. The "if not going in service now" part will soon be removed because again this is an automatic macro.

If you want to go back in service now; send the Macro 24 now...
If you want to go back in service in 3 hours; send the Macro 24 in 3 hours

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As far as the OOS (macro 23) and INS (macro 24)...

Macro 23 puts you out of service automatically, taking the phone call away and also allows owner op to handle. The reason code gives dispatch the reason you are going out and you can enter a "rough time" of when you will be back in service and available. The time entered is not an automatic thing; just give disptach that note.

Macro 24 is also automatic once the owner op sends the message. The "if not going in service now" part will soon be removed because again this is an automatic macro.

If you want to go back in service now; send the Macro 24 now...
If you want to go back in service in 3 hours; send the Macro 24 in 3 hours

Thanks for clearing that up....about the estimated time to be in service....I never filled that part in....

a work in progress....:D

Thanks for all your hard work Steve......and John too...

Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. :)
Henry Ford....

Last edited: