Problems with the truckng industry

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I know there isn't much I can do to help in this because I know longer drive. I have taken the time to write a short letter talking about some of the things I think affect the trucking industry. I want to email these letters out to a bunch of people to try to get the general public's attention on what is happening to the trucking industry and how it affects their daily lives. I know many will say oh the general public will not care but some will.

As most of you already know I'm not a good writer so I was wondering if I could have a couple of voulenteers to help proofread and edit it for me before I send it out. I don't want to give the industry an image that is any worse than what it is by having a bunch of typos and grammatical errors. Thank you.

Last edited:

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Hey Piper I'm getting better. This semester we are reading literature and writing about it. We had to read a story for today called Shiloh. It was about a trucker and his wife. I hated it. This one guy made a comment along the lines of that's just how trucker's wives are. I told him to watch it. I am married to a trucker's wife, my grandmaw was a trucker's wife, and most of my friend's wives are trucker's wives. Then just about everyone in the class was like dang Uncle Joe was about to go off. It was funny. Anyway. I will take and appreciate corrections. So if you would like to copy and paste to something like Microsoft Word if that helps you it's cool. Thanks again.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
If you are accessing this site through Google, "Spell Check" is at the top of the page look for the ABC with a check next to it.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I sent it to you in a pm skittles. Taste the rainbow. lol. I couldn't help myself. It's basicly a rough draft right now. I'm trying to work it into a final draft then I'll start sending it out. I'm also planning on taking it to my English teacher once all the wrinkles get ironed out. Plus her husband is the editor of the newspaper and I was going to see if she could pull some strings for me and get it in the paper. Maybe as a letter to the editor. I'm just trying to do my part to bring more attention to the plight of the American Trucker. Maybe it will make a difference, amybe it won't. At least I will be able to say I tried.