Problem found

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They found the problem with my lift axle and the air leak. One of the bags that raise and lower the axle blew out. Having both replaced. If one is bad the other is not far behind.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hope they can get the parts for it, hope it's not a freightliner!

Yep, it's a Freightliner, a M112. No, that cannot get the parts. They can only find one bag. I have been waiting for almost 3 hours for it. The soonest they can get a second one is last tomorrow. I am going to put on the one and get the other fixed as soon as I can find one. I cannot afford to sit for days on this. :mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
An air bag shouldn't be that hard to find, good luck and have safe travels

tk

It is not the suspension air bag. It is the one that raises and lowers the lift axle. They look like tow small airbags with a a spacer in between them. STILL WAITING for the first one.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How about this, on load yesterday, blown rear end, 5 to 8 DAYS for parts.............in Ottawa.....eh.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Bummer, major rear end work sucks, being in canada makes it worse no doubt, eh We once hit an elk in canada,bc with a prevost tour bus, what a wreck that was, getting parts into canada from nashville was very rough, import fee's and customes, you know the drill. good luck, hope it's not a frightliner!
Really hope it's not a mercedes rear end, praying for ya.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Last week our transmission went out in Montana. We had to be towed 175 miles to Freightliner in Missoula. When the tow truck driver went to pull out from under us he failed to lower the lift all the way down and ripped out the bottom of our radiator. (The tow company paid the bill for that.) This happened at 9 p.m. on a Friday night. The dealership had a radiator and XY shifter for our transmission in stock. We were out of there at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Some dealerships are just better than others.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep, 07 Columbia. This was just about the last run we were doing in this truck.
Our new ride was the show truck in the Fedex booth at MATs. We were waiting for the
tag and clink to be installed........sigh.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, this thread is for crying. At least mine is simple and not all that expensive.

Sorry to hear about that Dave, and out of country to boot.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanx Joe. It is a pain in the hind quarters to me but I can roll with it, HOWEVER,
Linda is not a happy camper at this time.
But, this too shall pass.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanx Joe. It is a pain in the hind quarters to me but I can roll with it, HOWEVER,
Linda is not a happy camper at this time.
But, this too shall pass.

Yeah, I understand. Breaking down is NEVER good. Being out of country makes it worse. Hard on the 'ole pocket book too.

Rent a car and take her somewhere nice for dinner. Might as well enjoy the vacation.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Yep, only two choices, fight it or work with it. This is a fight you can win. Enjoy the time off.

Not sure how bad a leak in the air bag you have but I patched a leak in my sleeper air spring with Slime about 8-9 months ago and still holding.

Best of Luck!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not sure how bad a leak in the air bag you have but I patched a leak in my sleeper air spring with Slime about 8-9 months ago and still holding.

Best of Luck!
Nice job. Thats as good as a duct tape repair. Im sure you limited how much you used but where you not concerned it would travel thru the rest of the air system?
How did you get into or keep it in just the sleeper side of the system?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It blew out. No "slime" for me. Don't think it is a good idea. I am all for fixing a problem once and be done with it.