prestige expedite

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice people, know your name, doesn't pay the bills...Nice to know they have a touch of class some bigger ones could learn!

samueltp2

Seasoned Expediter
thanks to everyone for your comments that is great ,but is there anyone one that is with express1 that has a sprinter they seems fine but the payment on the sprinter are a little high and im just looking for the best company to work for so that way i can pay the van and my bills

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
samueltp2,Im in the same boat. I have 2007 Sprinter 2500, just try to find some company that can help me paid this thing off (got 2yrs to go). Been calling alot of them and it just seems that they tell you what you want to hear.I've talk to a few drivers but they seem like I'd be taking all their work from them.I'm out here just like the next person, to make living (pay bills and put food on the table). Good luck to you.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
samuel while ovm has a sprinter on with e-1 and does well it does not mean everyone who does will. i know 2 drivers close to broke running new sprinters with 1000 dolla payments having a hard time making ends meet. one is still out there. saw that driver recently. the other i don't know.

i am not slamming e-1 here just giving you another side to think about.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I think at this point in the economy anyone with a $1000 dollar payment is going to struggle. I know I am and I am in a straight truck.
Your best bet is to start small and buy a cheaper Ford or Chevy cargo van or even drive for someone.
Like others have said, some people are making it but why stress yourself out over a large note that you have to make every month.

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
First I worked for Prestige, you sit to much even when freight was moving well, I know I did, Now if if want to run for 60 cents a mile he offered for a certain Sprinter owner I know. Well I went from a cargo van to a Sprinter several months ago, and added a team member, well it paid off for me. As far as McClain post about cargo van/sprinter I believe he is more into larger ones now. So he may be a bit bias

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Prestige I was with them on the Courier Side back in the early 90's, very good people,I talked with them when they first started the Expediting side, but took a pass when I found out the did a lot a NLM.Can you make money in expediting in a Van, Yep if your willing to work hard, There are a few who know how to work the system and make a fine Living.I've been in a van since 97 and did well. I retired from driving in 2008 and took a Dispatch postion with a small company, which Just closed it doors a few weeks ago, I'm coming back,but it's gonna be in a straight Truck this time.