Pray for Dallas.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Police are now trained with a military mindset, which necessarily requires an enemy, even if you have to demonize the citizenry to get one.
Exactly! Guess who supplies the money for the training and materiel? It's a war out there. War on terrorism. War on drugs. War on poverty.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I'm truly at a loss for words, Dallas has one of the finest Police Forces in the country. That anyone thinks that they somehow deserved what happened, gun down while providing security for a BLM march. It's a sad day in this country when anyone try's to justify a such s cowardly act.
It's not justified at all, it's tragic! It's just not surprising. Unfortunately everything Turtle said is correct. There's a small percentage of police across this country that don't posses the proper mindset do do their job properly. This bs has been going on for years it just that everyone has a camera on them now. The man in Minnesota got pulled over for a cracked tail light and did everything the officer asked him to do but got shot multiple times anyways. If his girlfriend didn't have a camera phone it would have just been a case of the officer saying he was threatened and was forced to shoot the man. From what I can see in the video the man had no business being a police officer in the first place. I respect the victims girlfriend because she said during a press conference that "black lives don't matter....all lives matter" just like the lives of those officers in Dallas that can't go home to their families. Not sure if a lot of police need to be retrained or replaced and the BLM movement should take some lessons from Dr. King on how to bring change because the BLM movement is a joke.

Reactions: ucfd608

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Have you ever wondered why other types of citizens are being killed as much as the black folks..There are Chinese , American Indians, India folks, Guatemalans, Japanese citizens, and I do not see any of these folks being shot or rioting, must be the manners they are taught early on,,,,Hey,,,I bet I could be wrong...imho.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Black lives matter wasn't created because gang bangers were killing black people, because when gang bangers commit crime and get caught they're punished. It was because cops kept killing black people unlawfully and kept getting away with it.
I'm aware of that. I believe I saw something about that on network news. I just thought that the group name included all black lives. Silly me. Maybe they should change their name to something that better portrays their specific agenda like: Black Lives Taken By White Cops Matter. At least the Dallas cop killer had the good sense to give his one man crusade an apt and fitting name: BLS.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Have you ever wondered why other types of citizens are being killed as much as the black folks..There are Chinese , American Indians, India folks, Guatemalans, Japanese citizens, and I do not see any of these folks being shot or rioting, must be the manners they are taught early on,,,,Hey,,,I bet I could be wrong...imho.
Maybe it has something to do with the crime rate and lack of education among their populations??

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm aware of that. I believe I saw something about that on network news. I just thought that the group name included all black lives. Silly me. Maybe they should change their name to something that better portrays their specific agenda like: Black Lives Taken By White Cops Matter. At least the Dallas cop killer had the good sense to give his one man crusade an apt and fitting name: BLS.
Since you brought up the point, to which race(s) do the two cops belong that were involved in the MN and LA shootings that sparked the Dallas massacre and a few other race-based attacks against police and whites? Notice it hasn't been confirmed (in spite of the insinuations) in any post in this thread. Before anyone answers, make sure you have confirmation before saying white. Has anyone seen it on the mainstream media? Buhler...anyone:question:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is only one race, the Human Race. Scientists have divided the Human Race into 3 sub-races,
Caucasian, Mongolian and Negroid. People of the politically correct persuasion and agitators wishing to foment racial uprisings divide the sub-races into even smaller groups. Divide and conquer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I just thought that the group name included all black lives. Silly me. Maybe they should change their name to something that better portrays their specific agenda like: Black Lives Taken By White Cops Matter.
The Black Lives Matter hash tag was created in conversations on social media when white racists were trolling black folks about how black lives don't matter. The agitators predicted (quite correctly) that George Zimmerman would be found not guilty in the death of Trayvon Martin, and gloated about it when the prediction came true. The response was essentially, 'Black lives don't matter to you, but they should,' and 'Black lives matter, too.'

In response to those who insist that black lives should not and do not matter, a blog post insisting that black lives do indeed matter, and thus was born the #blacklivesmatter. The hash tag and sentiment became a thing after the Ferguson shooting. and was validated after the FBI's investigation concluded the Ferguson Police Department was routinely violating the constitutional rights of its black residents.

It was never meant to mean anything other than than. It was never meant to mean other lives don't matter, or to encompass things outside of the original context that many who take the title and try and impose their thoughts on what it is supposed to mean.

Reactions: Yowpuggy

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Black Lives Matter hash tag was created in conversations on social media when white racists were trolling black folks about how black lives don't matter.

In response to those who insist that black lives should not and do not matter, a blog post insisting that black lives do indeed matter, and thus was born the #blacklivesmatter. The hash tag and sentiment became a thing after the Ferguson shooting.

It was never meant to mean anything other than than. It was never meant to mean other lives don't matter, or to encompass things outside of the original context that many who take the title and try and impose their thoughts on what it is supposed to mean.

I guess I should have added a little facetious smiley face thing to my reply in post #35. I was being flippant as I am prone to do occasionally. My point is that one doesn't hear much outrage from BLM concerning Black on Black violence (gangs) and innocent victims being killed by gangs.

I visited the Black Lives Matter website. http://blacklivesmatter.com/about/ Hash tag or no hash tag, Black Lives Matter has expanded well beyond it's original platform rooted in the death of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. The BLM website lists 7 bullet points that explain what Black Lives Matter means. Some of their points sound like they come from right wing, white government conspiracy believing nut jobs. No mention of gangs or the innocents caught in their crossfire. No direct mention of how government welfare programs enslave poor people of all colors, thus "state violence".

What Does #BlackLivesMatter Mean?

When we say Black Lives Matter, we are broadening the conversation around state violence to include all of the ways in which Black people are intentionally left powerless at the hands of the state. We are talking about the ways in which Black lives are deprived of our basic human rights and dignity.

*How Black poverty and genocide is state violence.

*How 2.8 million Black people are locked in cages in this country is state violence.

*How Black women bearing the burden of a relentless assault on our children and our families is state violence.

*How Black queer and trans folks bear a unique burden from a hetero-patriarchal society that disposes of us like garbage and simultaneously fetishizes us and profits off of us, and that is state violence.

*How 500,000 Black people in the US are undocumented immigrants and relegated to the shadows.

*How Black girls are used as negotiating chips during times of conflict and war.

*How Black folks living with disabilities and different abilities bear the burden of state sponsored Darwinian experiments that attempt to squeeze us into boxes of normality defined by white supremacy, and that is state violence.

Abraham Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation was the beginning of the freedom for Black people from slavery. Lyndon Johnson and the Great Society put the shackles back on many Black people and poor people of all races making them slaves of the government.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My point is that one doesn't hear much outrage from BLM concerning Black on Black violence (gangs) and innocent victims being killed by gangs.
One doesn't hear much outrage from BLM concerning that is because it has nothing to do with state violence. It's the same exact reason we don't hear much outrage from BLM over McDonald's only selling the McRib for a limited time instead of all the time. All of those bullet points say the same thing - black lives should be treated in America by the state with the same respect and importance as the state treats non-black lives.