Power napping

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Well that explains him wearing my flower covered sleep mask...though it does look cute on him! :p
Cheri...don't give him any ideas!! Lol! I can see the accidental butt smack while stretching routine forming in his head!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well that explains him wearing my flower covered sleep mask...though it does look cute on him! :p

If you get a photo, I will see if we can't get it into the Expediters Hall of Fame, lol.

Cheri...don't give him any ideas!! Lol! I can see the accidental butt smack while stretching routine forming in his head!

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just as you can get psyched up into high energy mode so can you phych yourself into a relaxed mode. I learned that many years ago when I started studying ninjitsu.
Look up and read a book by Ashida Kim called Ninja Mind Controll. He covers allot of meditation techniques of controlling your own emotions and mind that with a couple few years of dicipline and practice you will be able to controll involentary body functions and in many cases others.
Ive used it many times. As for falling asleep my woman says I fall asleep while lying down I simply tell myself sleep and it almost always happens.

Bob Wolf.

Bob Wolf

flattop40

Expert Expediter
As a side note is the importance of power napping. The following is the result of a mythbusters episode. Its from the deadliest catch episode that illustrates this very thing.

Kari and Tory went onto an anchored ship and set up a crab-fishing themed obstacle course – tasks included throwing a hook, sorting crab, dodging mock versions of crab pots, answering navigation questions, and a steady hand test – with 100 possible points. Kari and Tory both got perfect scores for their (fully rested) control. The first test was done after 30 hours awake, with Kari scoring 27 and Tory scoring 34. After adding in the naps, Kari and Tory successfully doubled their scores in the re-test, with scores of 64 and 81.

This can easily be applied to our work environment.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter

If you get a photo, I will see if we can't get it into the Expediters Hall of Fame, lol.

Pictures? That's so not funny

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
sleep-4-300x200.jpg

Tomtom

Active Expediter
Do this all the time. Use a meditation cd. 10-15 before I'm ready to stop I put the cd on. When I stop I move to a track that is geared towards how long I want to nap. The last couple minutes are designed to bring you out of sleep. I set my alarm but since I learned how to use them I'm always wide awake before it goes off.

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
Try to keep it simple. A pice of pipe or the side of a hammer works well. If your worried about sleeping to long, a short piece of 2X4 will do.

HighwayHusky

Active Expediter
Thanks! Her name is Montana. Shes been 70,000 miles with me this year. A well traveled animal she is...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using EO Forums mobile app

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Thanks! Her name is Montana. Shes been 70,000 miles with me this year. A well traveled animal she is...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using EO Forums mobile app

Great name, they are very beautiful dogs and well mannered from what I've heard!

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
As you can tell Bigfoot our cat works hard at power napping!

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
SHHHHH We never need an Nap in the afternoon....thats one of the trick questions from todays SLEEP APNEA Tomfoolery....Now saying that Ive never had an issue with a nap, I learned years ago during my stint as a stage roadie, when the man says rest, REST...when you get a free moment close your eyes and power nap, I tilt my seat, close my eyes and rest my mind the nap comes right soon....but you didnt hear that from me....Im never tired...

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A black t shirt over the eyes and I have to be really tired like come off a 800-1300 miles of running strong or other wise I have to wait for next night to sleep... not a day sleeper enless exhausted

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I've never been a napper. Tried it and always felt dog tired the rest of the day. And then a couple of years ago I heard a young lady on the radio who was a so-called sleep expert. She said the trick is to nap for 15-30 minutes and no longer. I tried it and I'm a convert. I only do it a couple of times a year, but for me at least, it's the cure for heavy eyelids.