Post What You Just Paid For Fuel - And Where

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
You guys got it rough. I paid $3.57/gal to fill my wife today and that really pinched. I had to drive about 180 miles today and hoped to run into some lower gas prices in the southern part of the state. No such luck

What in the world did you fill your wife with? Mine was drinking orange juice this morning and that stuff is going for over $6 a gallon if you buy the good stuff.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
You guys got it rough. I paid $3.57/gal to fill my wife today and that really pinched. I had to drive about 180 miles today and hoped to run into some lower gas prices in the southern part of the state. No such luck

Well........just did my "$30 every 10 days or so purchase of fuel" yesterday at my QT at a price of $3.44 a gallon.

Drove by there not even an hour ago heading out to my shop, price today is now $3.59 a gallon for regular unleaded. :mad:

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
What in the world did you fill your wife with? Mine was drinking orange juice this morning and that stuff is going for over $6 a gallon if you buy the good stuff.

Hey I went to fill my wife's car and really pinched. I tried to say that but I missed that word.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I grabbed the exit for the Columbia, NJ TA, but took A instead of B. I turned around in a little dinky truck stop, and headed back to the TA. Fuel was 3.79 there. 4.11 at the TA! I should've headed back. I only grabbed 40 gal tho... enough to get me to VA.

TA, along with Pilot, have done nothing but rip the driver off for as long as I can remember. Now they own the two that treated us half-way decent. Looks like mom-and-pops are the way to go again. I'll be using dieselboss to save a few bux from now on.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I don't buy gas at Race Trac, period.

Filled up at the one over there on Denton Hwy about 3 years ago when I was running Auto Paint for Finishmaster. (had my little 2005 Dakota 3.7 V6 at that time) By the time I got out to Roanoke for my delivery, the truck was sputtering like hell with white smoke coming out the pipe. Shut her off right then. I knew it was bad fuel. Had it towed over to Grubbs where I bought the thing and my salesman worked with the Service Manager to have the repairs done under warranty.

They had to siphon the tank completely empty, put half a tank of super in it, a couple of bottles of injector cleaner, changed the fuel filter, and drove it for like 100 miles. Then they had to reset the computer for something. Nothing out of my pocket except the cost of the full tank of gas I bought. Told me I was lucky as hell that I didn't keep driving the truck with all that watered down sludge Race Trac sells. If I had gone any further with that stuff in my truck, I very well could've needed new injectors as well as a full fuel line flush, and possibly a new fuel tank.

Have not been to a Race Trac since and am surprised they are still even open.

Race Trac Apologizes For Bad Gas - Daily Press

Racetrac Gas and Problems With It

AllBusiness.com | Business solutions from AllBusiness.com

stabil blue for ethanol gas removes that problem, no towing.