Post What You Just Paid For Fuel - And Where

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
$3.95 by my house now. That's the diesel pumps at the local gas stations. I haven't gone up to Franklin to see what the truck stops up there are selling it for.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
My regular QT here by my house dropped down to $3.32 a gallon.

Just put $30 in today heading to shop. (usually I fill up) Going to keep doing the $30-$30-$30 routine til price drops significantly.

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
4.199 cash 4.259 credit pilot west side albany,ny diesel
4.259 irving gas station champlain,ny diesel
1.279-1.35:(9 a liter in around montreal for gas

Brisco

Expert Expediter
My regular QT here by my house dropped down to $3.32 a gallon.

Just put $30 in today heading to shop. (usually I fill up) Going to keep doing the $30-$30-$30 routine til price drops significantly.

$3.44 As I drove by this morning. .12 cents overnight.......

Ridiculous!!!:mad:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
2 weeks since last post..............

Tuesday I made my "$30 every 10 days or so" fuel purchase at my regular QT. Paid $3.32 a gallon.

Drove by yesterday............ up to $3.44 a gallon again.

Drove by this morning...........now up to $3.48 a gallon.

jpalmer

Seasoned Expediter
Even though I'm not on the road right now, I still keep detailed records on this truck I'm driving as my personal truck. (2007 Dakota)

Last night as I was filling out my Februarys Log for the fuel I purchased all month (only filled up 3 times in February:p), I compared todays prices to last years prices.

February 23rd, 2010 - Filled up at the QT here at Hwy 10 and 820 in Hurst for a price of $1.62 a gallon. Bought 16.9 gallons at cost of $27.50.

February 25th, 2011 - Filled up at same QT (it's by my house here) at a price of $3.08 a gallon. Bought 19.7 gallons at a cost of $60.50.

The Race track off highway

Drove past QT on my way out to my shop here this morning and saw that the price was now at $3.29 a gallon.

When fuel prices skyrocketed during the Bush/Cheney years, the Liberals were screaming it was due to Bush and Cheney lining the pockets of their "Oil Buddies" before they left office. Bush and Cheney have been out of office for 2 years now. Where is the Liberal Outcry with todays prices???

The Race Trak off highway 26 in North Richland Hills is always at a decent price. I paid $3.31 last week. i think its around $3.40 right now

Brisco

Expert Expediter
The Race Trak off highway 26 in North Richland Hills is always at a decent price. I paid $3.31 last week. i think its around $3.40 right now

I don't buy gas at Race Trac, period.

Filled up at the one over there on Denton Hwy about 3 years ago when I was running Auto Paint for Finishmaster. (had my little 2005 Dakota 3.7 V6 at that time) By the time I got out to Roanoke for my delivery, the truck was sputtering like hell with white smoke coming out the pipe. Shut her off right then. I knew it was bad fuel. Had it towed over to Grubbs where I bought the thing and my salesman worked with the Service Manager to have the repairs done under warranty.

They had to siphon the tank completely empty, put half a tank of super in it, a couple of bottles of injector cleaner, changed the fuel filter, and drove it for like 100 miles. Then they had to reset the computer for something. Nothing out of my pocket except the cost of the full tank of gas I bought. Told me I was lucky as hell that I didn't keep driving the truck with all that watered down sludge Race Trac sells. If I had gone any further with that stuff in my truck, I very well could've needed new injectors as well as a full fuel line flush, and possibly a new fuel tank.

Have not been to a Race Trac since and am surprised they are still even open.

Race Trac Apologizes For Bad Gas - Daily Press

Racetrac Gas and Problems With It

AllBusiness.com | Business solutions from AllBusiness.com

Brisco

Expert Expediter
No diesel, that one purchase I made was just regular unleaded.

There's a couple of VW and BMW discussion boards out there where members have had problems with Race Trac diesel.

Race Trac is a very well known problem in this area, and has been for years. Funny thing, Race Trac was in this area first, then came QT. QT was so bold in their decisions as to where they would build their new stations that they built one right next door to a Race Trac on Beach St off N 820. Race Trac prices are always .05-.10 cents cheaper, but the QT's right next door, or right across the street, are always 5 times busier. There could be 11 pumps open at the Race Trac, but people will still wait in line 1-2 deep at QT to fill up their vehicles.:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No diesel, that one purchase I made was just regular unleaded.

There's a couple of VW and BMW discussion boards out there where members have had problems with Race Trac diesel.

Race Trac is a very well known problem in this area, and has been for years. Funny thing, Race Trac was in this area first, then came QT. QT was so bold in their decisions as to where they would build their new stations that they built one right next door to a Race Trac on Beach St off N 820. Race Trac prices are always .05-.10 cents cheaper, but the QT's right next door, or right across the street, are always 5 times busier. There could be 11 pumps open at the Race Trac, but people will still wait in line 1-2 deep at QT to fill up their vehicles.:D

I am a big QT fan as well...They save me enough to pay for a shower of my choice and sometimes breakfast...:D

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
You guys got it rough. I paid $3.57/gal to fill my wife today and that really pinched. I had to drive about 180 miles today and hoped to run into some lower gas prices in the southern part of the state. No such luck