Retired Expediter
Ouch that would hurt.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123
That's putting it mildly.
smiley_emoticon_scared_sticker1.jpg

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Blame the Gov't? That city like all others is full of grown a.s adults that chose to drive like a.sholes... They also chose to go to work and school knowing this was coming and that people in Atlanta drive like they have no brain... oops there in lies the problem.. PEOPLE not Gov't...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Blame the Gov't? That city like all others is full of grown a.s adults that chose to drive like a.sholes... They also chose to go to work and school knowing this was coming and that people in Atlanta drive like they have no brain... oops there in lies the problem.. PEOPLE not Gov't...

and drivers that don't believe in having tread on their tires....ever see them in a rain storm?...they are spinning out all over the place hydroplaning......give them chains so they can go even faster?.....not in my lifetime....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and drivers that don't believe in having tread on their tires....ever see them in a rain storm?...they are spinning out all over the place hydroplaning......give them chains so they can go even faster?.....not in my lifetime....

And here I thought You liked going to Atlanta .....:D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I read an article today that said Atl actually did a pretty good job. A city official said 80% of the city streets were pretreated prior to the snow starting to fall.
They claim the city was pretty good but all the press was about the Interstate, which the City does not have authority to take care of.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Atlanta was a disaster. I live in north georgia and thankfully i was at home during the entire thing. This same thing happened in 2011 and shut the place down for four days, they said that they learned from it but they didn't. They never do. It's pretty bad i can cross right over the state line to tennessee and if they even think it might snow there salting the roads but not in georgia they wait until it's too late to do anything.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EO Forums mobile app

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I live 30 miles north of Atlanta on I-85. This was a "perfect storm" situation. They let the kids go to school, which in the past, if they even forecast snow, they would cancel school. The people working in Atlanta all seemed to leave work at the same time the snow started. As cold as it was, the snow turned to ice as the vehicles drove over it. They don't pre-treat roads, just the major over passes.
it went from bad to worse in a hurry. I was scheduled to pick up in Atlanta Tues evening. and go to Nashville. I wouldn't have made it. Fortunately, dispatched cancelled, and told me to go home.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I read an article today that said Atl actually did a pretty good job. A city official said 80% of the city streets were pretreated prior to the snow starting to fall.
They claim the city was pretty good but all the press was about the Interstate, which the City does not have authority to take care of.
According to my sister-in-law and some friends who live there, the whole city was a frozen mess. Their neighborhood and city streets were no better than the interstate. She got stuck on one of the city streets trying to get home from work and was fortunate enough to spend the night in a small restaurant. GA gov and Atl mayor are in face-saving mode right now.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
People have the right to be mad about the government prep & response, it's one of the things we pay taxes for. There was enough warning, and there was the memory of the same thing just a couple years ago, but the mayor did a poor job of preparing for the coming storm. If I lived there, I would put some bottled water & ”heater meals" (the ones that cook when shaken) and blankets in the trunk, because the officials don't seem to learn from their mistakes.
I was in Iowa, where there was a LOT of snow, and it was all plowed, roads were clear, lol

Sent from my XT907 using EO Forums mobile app