Possibly some commonsense?

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Well maybe there is some common sense in Congress yet, I was basically listing just some of the things that might need fixing, my personal gripes are really with the Medical rules and Sleep Apnea stuff....DOT can inspect me till the cows come home I keep my truck PERFECT...maintenance is a pet peeve, a clean truck, a well maintained truck, organization and detail....

http://www.overdriveonline.com/files/2013/09/House-HOS-Field-Study-Letter-to-Secretary-Foxx.pdf

Scroll down in this letter and notice the Signature of Congressman TED POE...maybe this is why we have some issues...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If a carrier is paying the proper fuel surcharge The price of fuel is the last thing you should worry about...

If a carrier paid the proper fuel surcharge and the driver made sure that they maximized fuel economy or better than average the O/O will find that they make money off of the surcharge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well maybe there is some common sense in Congress yet, I was basically listing just some of the things that might need fixing, my personal gripes are really with the Medical rules and Sleep Apnea stuff....DOT can inspect me till the cows come home I keep my truck PERFECT...maintenance is a pet peeve, a clean truck, a well maintained truck, organization and detail....

http://www.overdriveonline.com/files/2013/09/House-HOS-Field-Study-Letter-to-Secretary-Foxx.pdf

Scroll down in this letter and notice the Signature of Congressman TED POE...maybe this is why we have some issues...

It is unbelievable to me that the FMCSA took it upon themselves to make up their own law in violation of what Congress requires but nobody does anything about it and it held up in court.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It is unbelievable to me that the FMCSA took it upon themselves to make up their own law in violation of what Congress requires but nobody does anything about it and it held up in court.

Ditto for making the CSA penalty points retroactive when they rolled it out.
The problem is that the feds are deluged with problem agencies much bigger than FMCSA - we're just little fish.