Portable Generator deals/for sale? Best a/c unit?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Little excited with my first generator
emoji1.png
Damned protective of it, too. :JC-LOL:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This week I installed a window A/C unit to go with my Generac IQ2000.

I did my first test run with the A/C today with my 5100 btu Haier. Never heard of them before but that was all I could find without ordering on-line, I guess Michigan stores think summer is over :rolleyes: Sprinter inside temp was 100F, I thought that a little unfair of a test but oh well pretend it's Laredo lol. With bulk head door closed and generator running on economy I turned it on.

Slight increase in sound from my Generac IQ2000. It said it was only using up to 20% of power which surprised me. So that means I should have no problem running other toys with the A/C on. I came back 45mins later, inside temp was now a much more comfortable 82F end of test. I was also surprised at how quite the A/C unit was even on high.

I have not had a generator before let alone A/C for over 5 years. So I am thrilled with this combo. I am really impressed with the Generac IQ2000, so far it's everything I was hoping for.

I'd like to send a special thanks to Ftransit for helping me along on this project :cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::clapping-hands-above-head::clapping-happy:

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
This week I installed a window A/C unit to go with my Generac IQ2000.

I did my first test run with the A/C today with my 5100 btu Haier. Never heard of them before but that was all I could find without ordering on-line, I guess Michigan stores think summer is over :rolleyes: Sprinter inside temp was 100F, I thought that a little unfair of a test but oh well pretend it's Laredo lol. With bulk head door closed and generator running on economy I turned it on.

Slight increase in sound from my Generac IQ2000. It said it was only using up to 20% of power which surprised me. So that means I should have no problem running other toys with the A/C on. I came back 45mins later, inside temp was now a much more comfortable 82F end of test. I was also surprised at how quite the A/C unit was even on high.

I have not had a generator before let alone A/C for over 5 years. So I am thrilled with this combo. I am really impressed with the Generac IQ2000, so far it's everything I was hoping for.

I'd like to send a special thanks to Ftransit for helping me along on this project :cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::clapping-hands-above-head::clapping-happy:
How did he help you along, does he have a particular build or walk through on it to make things easier?