Portable Generator deals/for sale? Best a/c unit?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Engine cooling is done via the heat exchanger (radiator) by passing as much air through the vents on the heat exchanger as possible. The radiator fan is on a clutch (engine driven) or on a thermostatic control unit (electric fans) so as to vary the speed of the fan, slowing the fan down when the ambient airflow is colder and speeding it up when the airflow is hotter. But in either case, it's the air flowing through the radiator which causes the exchange of heat.

piston-engines-cooling-13-638.jpg

Reactions: Tim Xpedites

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do any yall have any install videos, pages w/ walk though's etc. doing a side window mount of a window a/c unit maybe? I am thinking of doing a window a/c in my passenger window ONLY when im sitting, like a quick in/out type of setup that I could just toss it on the floor board in the front when I'm not sitting for long durations etc. I've seen folks around that have a side window setup but I either forget to go have a look at them, forget to talk w/ them or whatever when I see it but nehoo, I dont think I'm fond of the permanent rear door a/c eye sore. Looks hill billy to me IMHO. I like my van & how she looks, dont wanna ruin that.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Youtube would be likely...if it's not there, post what you do and you can get the views...haven't got around to mine, never been south of WV

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks ragman I was looking for that pic! Funniest van pic ever!

Should silence the wife next time she asks me if I could have bought an uglier van

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was quick, Turtle. Exactly how I imagined doing it, except I forgot about the square window...wonder if my 5000 btu is too wide

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I had a 5000 btu ac unit in the passenger window in my Sprinter. It fits perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: brokcanadian

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Probably going to rough it out this year without the roof top ac and hold off until next year, hopefully September in Michigan and Ontario won't be too bad?! New Yamaha updated 2000 watt gen seems solid. MACH 8 POLAR CUB 9200 BTU

Reactions: Turtle

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Don't know about side window install...but we did finally find one that is only 16.5" wide at our local Home Depot (GE model).

Reactions: brokcanadian

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup, nothing says high class like an air conditioner hanging out your side window :p
Sitting still in a truck stop parking lot sleeping GREAT VS driving 70 down the interstate wondering who imma kill if it ever falls out from behind. Unless you wanna loan me the $600-$1,000 for a rooftop??