pop ups

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
have began to reappear again on Apple ios 10.2 its too big there is no x visible to close the pop up....have to close the browser Safari and re open another window...PIA

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
This is through the Safari browser on iOS and not through the EO Forums app, correct?

What popup is it that comes up? (Generally, I don't need a word for word, just is it a video popup, a notification, etc)

Can you not tap off of the pop-up to close it, even if you can't see an X? In other words, tap a part of the screen that is not the popup to close it.

No popup should come up for you more that once so that's why I'm asking these questions to pin down what you're seeing. It's definitely an issue and once I figure out what it is I'll get it fixed for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Load 1 pops up on mine, using the Chrome browser on Android. As far as I can tell, it only does it once per session, as long as you don't log out. There's a pretty clear X in the upper right hand corner to close it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Load 1 pop up and no x that I can see... but it hasn't done it since I made the post.. go figure thanks for your attention

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Load 1 pop up and no x that I can see... but it hasn't done it since I made the post.. go figure thanks for your attention

I tried it today and got it again on iOS. I was able to shift the view and saw the X, but it was unresponsive. Had to go back to the app

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On the phone ap I can just hit the back button to get rid of it. I'm on android.

Reactions: Greg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
aren't the banner ads enough for these advertisers? unless they are paying extra for the pop up? there are just so many platforms to cover the coding with these days....they have always been a PIA around here for since I can remember and I am old as dirt too....LOL

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
I've adjusted the ad popup so that hopefully you can see the "X" mark in the top-right without having to scroll. If you can't see it, you can close the ad by tapping or clicking anywhere not on the popup.

I've confirmed it's working as intended; you should see it once a week. If you see the ad more than once a week per device, your browser probably has a cookie problem, possibly from a blocking plugin or too stringent of a security setting.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've adjusted the ad popup so that hopefully you can see the "X" mark in the top-right without having to scroll. If you can't see it, you can close the ad by tapping or clicking anywhere not on the popup.

I've confirmed it's working as intended; you should see it once a week. If you see the ad more than once a week per device, your browser probably has a cookie problem, possibly from a blocking plugin or too stringent of a security setting.

I get the load one ad every time I open the app up on my phone like 4-5 times a day so it is more than once a week it is just aggravating to have to close it every time because every now an then I miss the x an the banner expands

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I get the load one ad every time I open the app up on my phone like 4-5 times a day so it is more than once a week it is just aggravating to have to close it every time because every now an then I miss the x an the banner expands

Not sure about iPhone, but on Android, instead of hitting the "x" on the popup, just hit the back button.

Reactions: Turtle