1. Expedite Expo The Expedite Expo 2017 is coming this July 14 - 15 to Lexington, Kentucky exclusively for those in the expedite trucking industry. The ONLY exclusively expediting trade show has a new format and will be more focused than ever before. New exhibits, trucks, demonstrations, networking sessions, educational workshops and the Expediter of the Year event will ensure that your time spent will make you a better driver. Don’t miss this once a year event! July 14 - 15, 2017 at the Lexington Center. REGISTER NOW!
    Dismiss Notice

pop ups

Discussion in 'Web Site Support & Services' started by OntarioVanMan, Jan 30, 2017.

1. OntarioVanMan
    Thinking

OntarioVanMan Veteran Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +25,606 / 16 / -2
    Carrier:
    Crossroads
    Vehicle:
    Sprinter
    have began to reappear again on Apple ios 10.2 its too big there is no x visible to close the pop up....have to close the browser Safari and re open another window...PIA

2. JoshM
    Spooky

JoshM Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    This is through the Safari browser on iOS and not through the EO Forums app, correct?

What popup is it that comes up? (Generally, I don't need a word for word, just is it a video popup, a notification, etc)

Can you not tap off of the pop-up to close it, even if you can't see an X? In other words, tap a part of the screen that is not the popup to close it.

No popup should come up for you more that once so that's why I'm asking these questions to pin down what you're seeing. It's definitely an issue and once I figure out what it is I'll get it fixed for you. Thanks for letting us know.

3. jujubeans
    Innocent

jujubeans OVM Project Manager

Ratings:
    +5,481 / 4 / -0
    Carrier:
    Vehicle:
    Load 1 add keeps popping
    Up on mine.

4. Turtle
    Busy

Turtle Administrator Staff Member Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +9,677 / 11 / -0
    Carrier:
    Load One
    Vehicle:
    2005 Sprinter
    Load 1 pops up on mine, using the Chrome browser on Android. As far as I can tell, it only does it once per session, as long as you don't log out. There's a pretty clear X in the upper right hand corner to close it.

5. OntarioVanMan
    Thinking

Ratings:
    +25,606 / 16 / -2
    Carrier:
    Crossroads
    Vehicle:
    Sprinter
    Load 1 pop up and no x that I can see... but it hasn't done it since I made the post.. go figure thanks for your attention

6. RoadTime
    Paranoid

RoadTime Veteran Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +3,610 / 4 / -0
    Carrier:
    Load One
    Vehicle:
    Sprinter
    I tried it today and got it again on iOS. I was able to shift the view and saw the X, but it was unresponsive. Had to go back to the app

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

7. xiggi

xiggi Veteran Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +4,222 / 4 / -1
    Vehicle:
    Sprinter
    On the phone ap I can just hit the back button to get rid of it. I'm on android.

• Like Like x 1
  8. schwanman

schwanman Expert Expediter

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Anyway to discontinue pop ups on this site? Using an old i4 iphone

9. OntarioVanMan
    Thinking

Ratings:
    +25,606 / 16 / -2
    Carrier:
    Crossroads
    Vehicle:
    Sprinter
    aren't the banner ads enough for these advertisers? unless they are paying extra for the pop up? there are just so many platforms to cover the coding with these days....they have always been a PIA around here for since I can remember and I am old as dirt too....LOL

• Like Like x 2
  10. JoshM
    Spooky

JoshM Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I've adjusted the ad popup so that hopefully you can see the "X" mark in the top-right without having to scroll. If you can't see it, you can close the ad by tapping or clicking anywhere not on the popup.

I've confirmed it's working as intended; you should see it once a week. If you see the ad more than once a week per device, your browser probably has a cookie problem, possibly from a blocking plugin or too stringent of a security setting.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ucfd608

ucfd608 Active Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +224 / 1 / -1
    I get the load one ad every time I open the app up on my phone like 4-5 times a day so it is more than once a week it is just aggravating to have to close it every time because every now an then I miss the x an the banner expands

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Greg

Greg Expert Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +301 / 1 / -0
    Carrier:
    Landstar
    Vehicle:
    Straight Truck
    Not sure about iPhone, but on Android, instead of hitting the "x" on the popup, just hit the back button.

• Like Like x 1