Poor Lions

jbolton

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a Detroit Lions/ Tampa Bay Fan.... I can't belive the Lions go 4-0 in the preseason and then get there ____ handed to them by the Falcons and rookie qb matt ryan and 1st year coach!!!!! It's just sad so sad

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As a life long Lions fan I am pleased about one thing I saw yesterday. Consistancy!!! They continue to lose in style!!! There is a really good chance that the world would end if they suddenly started playing well. Layoutshooter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't think getting rid of Millen will make that much difference. They were bad before he came here. Get rid of the owners, there in lies the problem. layoutshooter

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
At one time they were a decent team....then Wayne Fontes was abducted by aliens...after that the Lions were never the same again!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't know what planet you are all on but because Ford uses the Lions as a 'loss' and he refuses to put money into the team, they will continue to lose so this is no surprise. It's sad when you think about the money spent, but again it is not about the sport anyway.

AND I was under the impression that because we spent so much tax payers money on the new 'FORD' field that we would have a real team, maybe we should have told them to stay in Pontiac?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Seems to me he is using The Ford Motor Company as a loss too. Yea, it was more fitting for them to be in Pontiac. They were not the Detroit Lions there. They were the Pontiac Pussies!!!! Layoutshooter

flattop40

Expert Expediter
You have heard of the term "location location location" well in pro sports is "ownership ownership ownership"

Look at all the great teams in professional sports it all starts from the owners.

Any player who comes to the Lions are known as the "Ford Fools"

Just hoping things get bad enough so they have to sell the team to the Illichs'

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ole Harold Ballard ex/owner of the Make Beliefs...hehe

Never thought a hockey player was worth that kind of money...he'd of rather get rid of them and keep rebuilding...he said as long as his building was full why should he put a good product on the ice....

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
LayoutShooter;

Now we all know why you hunt ducks in Brest Bay and near Lake Erie Metro Park on Sunday afternoons - no sense in wasting your time watching the Lions on TV.

Don't scare all the fish away!

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not on the weekends if I can help it!!! Monday thru Friday only. Have you seen me out there? Ever hunt the "middle grounds" or "Sugar Bar"? Do you know me? Copies the T.V. show we did out on the "Middle Grounds" are available. Layoutshooter

Jayman

Expert Expediter
If things keep going the way they are (south of Detroit) I will be saying poor Colts! :(

Injuries out the wazoo. Plus, our best DT just got waived. Was busted for pot earlier today. What a way to throw away a nice lucrative career...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As long as people continue to pay to park thier butts in the stadium and fill the seats..why put out a good product?? and TV revenue should maybe distributed by performance? Maybe that would make a change...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe we should pay sports what they are really worth? Novel idea. Pay garbage collectors $MegaBucks$ since THEY perform a NEEDED service and pay sports "Stars" what a garbage collector makes now since NOTHING that so-called "Star" does on the field, ice or court is NEEDED. It is a priority thing. As a society we value sports more than public health. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe we should pay sports what they are really worth? Novel idea. Pay garbage collectors $MegaBucks$ since THEY perform a NEEDED service and pay sports "Stars" what a garbage collector makes now since NOTHING that so-called "Star" does on the field, ice or court is NEEDED. It is a priority thing. As a society we value sports more than public health. Layoutshooter

Great example was last night....millons of Americans without food , water, shelter....and millions piled around the TV watching Monday Night Football!!!

jbolton

Seasoned Expediter

What are athletes worth? They provide an entertainment value.
Top actors are getting in excess of $20 million per movie, not including residuals. Going to movies is not needed so lets pay an actor what a garbage collector makes. You can make that comparison to alot of occupations out there. I think the better wording would be " we value entertainment more than public health"

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is what I meant. As a sociaity we value entertainment above usefullness. Kinda sick.
Layoutshooter

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Maybee we should pay them?

Since when did anyone here start Paying Players? Is it any (really) of your business?
Suggestion take all of your Entertainment Budget and give it to the Red Cross and than someone might be given health coverage.

I do not like it when people make hundreds of thousands per game but its free enterprise, mess with that and you just might get what you wished for. Your gona pick up all of the slack for Communism put on you and your wallet.

Came on here just to hassle myself for being a life long Lions fan, 0 & 48 for Super Bowl Apperance or chamionship apperance. Just please before I die, please just go to the big game plese.....

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never see the Lions in a Superbowl. My fear is that my children won't either.