Please hurry!!!

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
I asked Kim today if shes heard any rumblings around the office about the "NEW 19....she wasn't aware we were getting anything...she doesn't even read the magazine...shesh

I would ask Gina or Rick. They seem to be in charge most of the time and more informative about things then the rest of them.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I would ask Gina or Rick. They seem to be in charge most of the time and more informative about things then the rest of them.

Gina maybe, Rick not so much.

Customer service and loadplanners don't need to know about this so if they are out of the loop does not bother me. I just don't know why they don't lwt us use the same program that the loadplanners use, thats all I would need.

Nice new avitar BTW

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Going to ask our fleet owner about this and see what he says. He goes to all the meetings with Express 1.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Perfect example as to why we need a better system. I unloaded in blacksburg va yesturday in the AM. Sat there all day and nothing. So I moved down to the triad where I have had better luck. I get here last night and there is 1 other cv here. Get to talking to him and he has been here since friday. We are both still here. I sent a message via QC and they say to "Hang tight". IF we had a better system I could have seen that he was here and had more LL time than I did and I would have headed elsewhere. NOW I am waiting for him to go before I have any hope of a run.

I guess I now know how Helen Keller felt.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Perfect example as to why we need a better system. I unloaded in blacksburg va yesturday in the AM. Sat there all day and nothing. So I moved down to the triad where I have had better luck. I get here last night and there is 1 other cv here. Get to talking to him and he has been here since friday. We are both still here. I sent a message via QC and they say to "Hang tight". IF we had a better system I could have seen that he was here and had more LL time than I did and I would have headed elsewhere. NOW I am waiting for him to go before I have any hope of a run.

That why I call Express-1. They may not like it, but I do it anyways. I think it would be more important for them if I did move some where to where we would have more of a chance to get a load quicker. They always seemed frustrated when I do call, but I they are getting use to it, because they know I will call anyways instead of using the QC.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

We type on the QC...
"our position is?
"is there any other teams in area"

Ya gotta talk to them Flattop...:rolleyes:

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
I just call them. Best to call them in the mornings or late evenings, when there not so busy and give you more of their time. I'll ask them where, how many, what position I would be in and have they seen anything coming out of there lately. Liz is the only one I usually have a problem with getting information out of, but she has been getting a little better, but still hope you get someone else. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just call them. Best to call them in the mornings or late evenings, when there not so busy and give you more of their time. I'll ask them where, how many, what position I would be in and have they seen anything coming out of there lately. Liz is the only one I usually have a problem with getting information out of, but she has been getting a little better, but still hope you get someone else. :)

I like to do the calling in the middle of the night...Jeff from Internet marketing is on that shift now...

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
I didn't know Jeff moved back to midnight shift. He use to be on weekend midnight shifts. Always like talking with him, he is nice guy. Glad to see him back there again, he probably doesn't like, maybe he does, I'll have to ask him. :)

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I called wed. evening first around 6pm. Didn't get much help then called again around 10pm. I had already made my desision as to what I was going to do but wanted more info. Talked to Jeff and he was very helpful. I told him the situation that I was in stuck behind someone there in the triad so we talked about both heading north or south. Either way I would have been first out. THEN we talked about numbers of loads and SC has twice as many van loads as does VA. So obviuosly I headed south and sure enough 9:45 the next morning I was dispatched on my way to MI. Got home for the weekend. :D:D:D. HOWEVER, If I could have had all this info from day one I may not have sat for 3 full work days. :mad:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Why can't the daytime people be as helpful as the nigh time people are? :( It would make everyone so much happier. Drivers would get to where they need to be to get a load and E1 would get more income from having drivers be in those places to get those loads. As I see it, it's a "win-win" situation for all.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Why can't the daytime people be as helpful as the nigh time people are? :( It would make everyone so much happier. Drivers would get to where they need to be to get a load and E1 would get more income from having drivers be in those places to get those loads. As I see it, it's a "win-win" situation for all.

Its because dayshift is busier dispatching loads. They don't have the time to take and count the loads in a given area. I was on the phone with Jeff prolly 10 mins. However, and I know I have beaten this dead horse to the ground, Just let us have access to the info ourselves then we can make these informed discissions with out even bothering them.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
That would definitely be a great solution for all involved. I guess I just don't understand why this information is not made available. Is it supposed to be secret? Is it information that only the load planners are supposed to know? If so, why? What harm can it do for it to be available to the drivers when they need it? If you've "beat the dead horse" before I'm sure there are other informative posts about this subject in the archives, I just haven't searched for them so forgive my swings at your dead horse. ;)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
3 days to go. Should I start holding my breath in anticipation?

I'm thinking no.

IF we get an update to Mac 19, it will be better than what we have now. I'm thinking we will be instore for a let down though. Remember, nothing was said about it in the Conf. call? I don't think the update will be what we hoped for. So, don't get to upset about it.