Please hurry!!!

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Was just talking to a Landstar driver and we got on the subject of searching for other vans. We at Express-1 are getting the shaft. Our Macro-19 is a !@#$ing joke.

I know Larry talked about it in the last Expiditer but he said they were almost ready to go to IT about it. Didn't we hear that last year? and he has hopes it will be up and running by the end of the first quarter? Well this is the last week of Feb. and I highly dought they can get the program written and implimented in 30 days. Just let us see what the loadplanners see. Can't be that hard can it?

Now that I know someone monitors this site from the office I have only one thing to say.

Get it done and get it done now. We are flying blind out here compared to everyone else!!!!!

They get this done and we WILL be "setting the standard", "rising to the challange", have "excellence in expiditing"

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was just talking to a Landstar driver and we got on the subject of searching for other vans. We at Express-1 are getting the shaft. Our Macro-19 is a !@#$ing joke.

I know Larry talked about it in the last Expiditer but he said they were almost ready to go to IT about it. Didn't we hear that last year? and he has hopes it will be up and running by the end of the first quarter? Well this is the last week of Feb. and I highly dought they can get the program written and implimented in 30 days. Just let us see what the loadplanners see. Can't be that hard can it?

Now that I know someone monitors this site from the office I have only one thing to say.

Get it done and get it done now. We are flying blind out here compared to everyone else!!!!!

They get this done and we WILL be "setting the standard", "rising to the challange", have "excellence in expiditing"

I agree..they already have a system that the customers can see every truck....

We can only hope they get it right and it doesn't end up being a white elephant.:eek:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guys... don't get your hopes up too high. From what I can see from post, e-mails etc, it will not be what we hoped it to be. Hope I'm wrong, but seems they need to keep us somewhat in their control.....but heck, we move around anyways. Can't wait to see what they come up with....Have any of you been called and ask any question about what we would like to have? Not me, so how would they know?

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Guys... don't get your hopes up too high. From what I can see from post, e-mails etc, it will not be what we hoped it to be. Hope I'm wrong, but seems they need to keep us somewhat in their control.....but heck, we move around anyways. Can't wait to see what they come up with....Have any of you been called and ask any question about what we would like to have? Not me, so how would they know?

Good point Eddie so this is an open invitation for Larry Larson. If you would like any information on what us drivers would like in the new relocation project just give me a call anytime day or night. My van number is 11101831

I would be more then happy to do what you would like. Poll drivers and gather feedback for you. Run proto-types in a real world situations. Anything. I would also do this free of charge. Just want to get us out of the stone age and into the 21st century.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
apparently....they said they threre was a conference call long time ago on this issue and Larry says he gets plenty of feedback from indidvdual drivers....sure hope they get it right....

flattop40

Expert Expediter
apparently....they said they threre was a conference call long time ago on this issue and Larry says he gets plenty of feedback from indidvdual drivers....sure hope they get it right....

Hmmmmmm a conference call? Was it over 16 mos. ago? I never heard about it. And if it was over 16 mos. ago and they STILL don't have anything? Must have been a SELECT few. Well today is 2/27 so that gives them 4 weeks to get it up and running if they are to meet their goal of end of first quarter.

I sure hope they get it right too.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Steady Eddie made a good point. As long as they can tell us what they want us to hear, we have to make our best guess on the basis what they say. Thats pretty much what they want. Like I said in another post, they like us to baby sit an area so it will be covered in case one of their customers call and need a load to be picked up. I have learned this the hard way. If I'm in a area that hardly ever gets a load, I might wait for 24hrs, maybe, then head to a area where I know loads have been coming out of.

But, here lately, with the automobile industry being the way it has been, its hard to say where to go now. Where the loads use to be, are not there any more. They have been getting loads from unusual places lately, so its kind of hard to judge where and when now. Its more like the roll of the dice if your going to be lucky or not.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Steady Eddie made a good point. As long as they can tell us what they want us to hear, we have to make our best guess on the basis what they say. Thats pretty much what they want. Like I said in another post, they like us to baby sit an area so it will be covered in case one of their customers call and need a load to be picked up. I have learned this the hard way. If I'm in a area that hardly ever gets a load, I might wait for 24hrs, maybe, then head to a area where I know loads have been coming out of.

But, here lately, with the automobile industry being the way it has been, its hard to say where to go now. Where the loads use to be, are not there any more. They have been getting loads from unusual places lately, so its kind of hard to judge where and when now. Its more like the roll of the dice if your going to be lucky or not.

You are right. The game has changed and we are really flying blind. March 5th, 26 days and counting!!!

inkasnana

Expert Expediter

For example, we delivered to West Palm Beach, FL on a Thurs morning. Our owner moved us farther north to Jacksonville on Fri night for a better chance at a load. On Sunday night we were offered a load that picked up Mon morning going to Hinesville, GA which was just a short run but we took it to get out of FL.

Not long after delivering that load we received another offer for a load picking up in Jacksonville, FL going to NC. Sooo.. back to FL we went. We should have just stayed in FL instead of taking the 135 mile run to GA and then having to DH back to Jacksonville again, but going by past experience it seemed more logical to get out of FL by any means possible.

Another example, the load from FL went to Goldsboro, NC. After delivering that load we discussed our position with E1 and our owner and decided that our best option would be to move closer to Raleigh or Greensboro so we moved to Mebane which is in between both. We received a load offer picking up in Marion, SC with 184 mile DH from Mebane. We would have been much closer if we had just stayed in Goldsboro.

Now we are in Woodhaven, MI at the crossdock and 6th or 7th out. (Liz wasn't sure if we were 6th or 7th. Funny.) So we are waiting to hear from our owner to see if we should move somewhere else. It's just so difficult to predict now days where the loads are going to come from.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
For example, we delivered to West Palm Beach, FL on a Thurs morning. Our owner moved us farther north to Jacksonville on Fri night for a better chance at a load. On Sunday night we were offered a load that picked up Mon morning going to Hinesville, GA which was just a short run but we took it to get out of FL.

Not long after delivering that load we received another offer for a load picking up in Jacksonville, FL going to NC. Sooo.. back to FL we went. We should have just stayed in FL instead of taking the 135 mile run to GA and then having to DH back to Jacksonville again, but going by past experience it seemed more logical to get out of FL by any means possible.

Another example, the load from FL went to Goldsboro, NC. After delivering that load we discussed our position with E1 and our owner and decided that our best option would be to move closer to Raleigh or Greensboro so we moved to Mebane which is in between both. We received a load offer picking up in Marion, SC with 184 mile DH from Mebane. We would have been much closer if we had just stayed in Goldsboro.

Now we are in Woodhaven, MI at the crossdock and 6th or 7th out. (Liz wasn't sure if we were 6th or 7th. Funny.) So we are waiting to hear from our owner to see if we should move somewhere else. It's just so difficult to predict now days where the loads are going to come from.

I understand totally what you are talking about but sad to say alot of that is due to the nature of the business. We don't have dedicated runs so what might work 1 day won't be there the next.

HOWEVER, if we have a system that gives the ability to see how many runs come out of an area on average or do a search for say the last x amount of time. And make it of our choosing say the last day, 3 days, 7days, month, whatever. And also gives us the ability to see where everyone is, see what they drive, see when their last loaded is. Then we can make informed decisions about relocation. If I see there are 4 vans in a given area and there are only 2 loads per day I am going to head somewhere else. This would also actually save the company money by having less PAID dead head.

Just my thought. As stated before I hope they get it right.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
HOWEVER, if we have a system that gives the ability to see how many runs come out of an area on average or do a search for say the last x amount of time. And make it of our choosing say the last day, 3 days, 7days, month, whatever. And also gives us the ability to see where everyone is, see what they drive, see when their last loaded is. Then we can make informed decisions about relocation. If I see there are 4 vans in a given area and there are only 2 loads per day I am going to head somewhere else. This would also actually save the company money by having less PAID dead head.

I agree, a system like that would be a big help and a great tool in deciding where to stop and/or move to.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Well, good news, maybe. Micheal Ruelle, I think thats how you spell her name, the driver realtions person at Express-1 told a o/o that they will have the system implented by the end of the month. This is what she told him anyways. How its suppose to work, after you put in the name of the person that signed the BOL, the QC will come back and tell you where a better position for you to go to or tell you how many loads have come out of certain areas or something like that. I was told this yesterday. Lets cross our fingers and see if does happen.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, good news, maybe. Micheal Ruelle, I think thats how you spell her name, the driver realtions person at Express-1 told a o/o that they will have the system implented by the end of the month. This is what she told him anyways. How its suppose to work, after you put in the name of the person that signed the BOL, the QC will come back and tell you where a better position for you to go to or tell you how many loads have come out of certain areas or something like that. I was told this yesterday. Lets cross our fingers and see if does happen.

It better be more then just that...we did not wait 2 years for just that tid bit of info....

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
It better be more then just that...we did not wait 2 years for just that tid bit of info....

Well, I think there is more to it, but I have slept since yesterday. :p Don't remember the whole detail about it all atm and we did kind of rush through it when talking about it, so I'm probably not telling the whole complete story on it. Maybe call Micheal and ask her, the o/o seem to make it sound like she was giving this information out freely.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Well, I think there is more to it, but I have slept since yesterday. :p Don't remember the whole detail about it all atm and we did kind of rush through it when talking about it, so I'm probably not telling the whole complete story on it. Maybe call Micheal and ask her, the o/o seem to make it sound like she was giving this information out freely.

With a lack of sleep myself and when I read the previous few posts my blood pressure went thru the roof. Starting to look white with big ears and a trunk me thinks but I will give them the benifit of the dought. FOR NOW!