Place you felt the least safe in

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Leaving the USA is OK, I go to California when I do

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

And I go to Colorado "The New California" you can't buy a home out here for much less then 500k, it's out of control, legalization nationwide would certainly calm all these real estate vultures down.

Did you “twist one up” prior to real estate shopping ?
A quick look at Colorado Springs will show decent housing below $200,000.
I image cheaper stuff would be available in Grand Junction and small out of the way places.
I can’t believe legalization affected values at all.

Look near Turtle. I bet you there’s decent stuff near him for $100,000 and less. Close to 24/40/69.

Legalization was more then half of it, if not all of it (supply and demand for newcomers looking to get high). I was here before the legalization everything has shot up in places like East Denver and Aurora, houses I remember inquiring about that once were 169k are now $325k, another one 225k now 350k so almost everything has gone up 30% and some have almost doubled. Both 1000-1200 sq ft small homes off east Colfax nothing special. The incomes no where match the home prices, indication of a bubble and hopefully crash to follow to get things down to realistic rates.

Last edited:

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Atlanta off 285 sucks, Detroiter sucks, Charlotte, sucks, if I don’t feel safe (my wife’s with me and I will not ever put her in peril) I leave. Birmingham sucks too. We deadhead way too much but it’s ok. In Laredo we just get a motel. If the run to Laredo doesn’t pay enough to give us a profit and a motel we turn it down. We’re spoiled that way.

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
So far I'd say the worst place we've been was the pilot off I20 (exit 470) in Dallas Tx. It didn't look THAT bad when we pulled in but shortly after some homeless looking guy was getting beat with a long bar (flatbed driver) for whatever reason on the scale. (I hate to say it but he prolly deserved it, I hear theft is an issue in the area). Either way, the cops were there soon after. That and the shady people wondering around the back of our truck let me know it was time to find a new place to stay.

phoenix827

New Recruit
Researching
NOT like I have a lot of experience, but I ran with Millis transport for a bit years ago. The only 2 places I stopped that were real bad in my mind was the TA in Gary Indiana and the TA in Nashville. Bad news at both of them

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I've read this post and now a few places come to mind. Once the GPS took me downtown Baltimore and it was 1 to 3am, LOL. I got that oh no, oh crap feeling in my stomach. One other time I was needing fuel before I cross the border and i ended up in the outskirts of Buffalo between 11pm to 2 am. ALOT of foot traffic and alot of people looking at me. I rolled through stop signs and got out. Luckily it was just for a few mins, but just like in Baltimore, it didn't look right and feel right!

Reactions: ntimevan