pets on road

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
As long as you are not WG you can. But dispatch needs to know so they won't send you to a facility that doesn't allow dogs.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
thanks much for your reply.. be nice to take her but may cut into some loads. dont think i like that. need to be able to take all the loads i can... thanks again

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
How many WG loads do you haul?

As long as you are not WG now there are not that many loads you will not be able to do. It seems as if it is mostly the reefer loads that do not allow pets on their property. If you take the dog call your CC and have them add a note to your information. We found we were able to do many WG loads with Molly without a problem.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know if a dog would count you out of very many loads in a van. Are you hazmat/radmat? Many nuke plants/chemical plants won't allow pets. Not sure about military bases.

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
try a test drive with your pet see how it works out, the road gets long out here as you know.you can still do wg loads when they need you and the good thing is you won;t have to try to hide the pet, most of us in wg follow the rules. Your pet looks like he or she might enjoy sitting in the driver seat. it;s always hard leaving the ones you love behind. maybe your pet can be your part time co-driver.work one week-off the next-we'd all like to do that. lol