Perplexed in Indiana

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I like Tom Robertson am wondering what people want... I have placed
an ad on the Business Opportunities portion of this site to sell equipment, business for the price of a mediocre "new" expedite truck.
Records indicate that on a "gross sales" basis, that return is four
months. There have been nearly 300 hits on the ad site and 3 "tire kickers" reply.

WHAT??????

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
I quess I'm not up to speed. What are you trying to achieve? Currently there is a shortage of good equipment. Are you a fleet owner? Are you thinking if unable to sell for what you need, maybe try a driver to make ends meet or maybe sell on a lease purchase? Let me know what we can do.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
No, no Glen not trying to make ends meet. They meet just fine. Won't even consider a lease purchase. I am a Carrier whom wants to retire and allow someone to purchase a small Expedited Carrier. I had anticipated someone would be interested in a business but I guess I was wrong and figgured i'd ask what people want, like Tom
Robertson. He don't know, I don't know, maybe someone can tell us.

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
I'm not sure what you are selling. But I have looked at other sites and this one seems to offer quite a bit of great exposure to people in the expediting business. For instance I did see an ad for a stretched century class freightliner with box, generator, and a whole bunch of other things. Looked good to me but I hesitated because of the smaller cat and the transmission. If it had been a class 8 motor and drive train I think I just might have run to the bank. Well anyway good luck and keep the faith

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
x06col,

Most people use our Free Classifieds to find jobs with Fleet owners, Fleet owners to find drivers or owner operators wanting to sell their used equipment.

It looks to me that you want to sell your business. This is something the Free Classifieds was designed not to do - so maybe that is why you have had 300 hits and only 3 calls.

There maybe better ways for you to sell your business then through our Free Classifieds ads. I suggest speaking with our Sales Manager Sean Masters @ On Time Media 859-746-2046 - he may have some more effective ways to help you.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
I bet that freightliner is sold and I was wrong on the transmission it's a 10spd autoshift so maybe the drivetrain is heavy duty. I probably should have reconsidered. Hi Lawrence...how are things? any seminars coming up so I can ditch the carwash for awhile!

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I too have listed trucks on here and and ran ads for drivers. I have always had a lot of traffic but never and buyers and have never worked a deal for a driver. As for the sales end I have no idea what the problem is. I have had everything from inmates to people that want something given to them but no buyers. I think I am close with a person right now. As for drivers, I just thought we never connected. I have not given up on the site though, yet anyway. As for your business, I read your ad and would love to take that over as I am sure others would. You can drop me a note and tell me a little more about it and I will not only kick the tires I will try to to roll them. :) [email protected] Hang in there

raceman

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Same situation as real estate. If it is priced right, it will sell.
Make sure you are advertising it to the right parties. If selling it to people in the business, expect to get alittle less as they will be more educated to its value. Going through a business broker might bring you more money but will take much longer to unload. The biggest value would be your accounts. The equipment is depreciating. If only equipment is for sale, quicker is much better.
Davekc