Pensacola, Fl

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Heading to Pensacola and looking for suggestions on the closest location near there to find freight. Will Atlanta be the closest? Hope not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
there will be a few who might pop up and say.."I always get loaded" well....Atlanta is my best shot at an answer.....

oh crap just looked at a map....scratch that....Alabama appears to be closer

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Is it okay if I say I never get loaded in Atlanta? I've been here since Monday. Well the state of Georgia since Monday lol

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Heading to Pensacola and looking for suggestions on the closest location near there to find freight. Will Atlanta be the closest? Hope not.

Maybe Montgomery, Alabama. Tough call.

Sent from my LGL45C using EO Forums mobile app

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I'd say your best bet is Atlanta. But... Atlanta has been the most hot and cold city for me. One day there's no freight to be found and the next day there's plenty of freight. Maybe it's tied to the day of the week, I dunno.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Since we're all voting, I head toward Birmingham. It's about 4 hours and within reach of loads out of Vance, Montgomery, Huntsville, Atlanta, and all the quiet little shipper towns. Like Alabaster, Auburn, Bessemer, Decatur, Anniston, and many more.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would go south where it is warmer. :cool:
Wait a minute, I am already down here.:D

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
If you and your carrier are set up for gov. and power plant loads, you could get loaded out of Pensacola for military or Mobil for power plant. Otherwise like Murry said Birmingham is always good and less competition than Atlanta.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EO Forums mobile app

don111

Active Expediter
head toward Birmingham.. It's within reach of loads out of Montgomery, Huntsville, Atlanta

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I really liked to position myself between Birmingham in Cullman Al. Small truckstop there and just down the road plenty of shopping WalMart etc. and many restaurants. Also you are just south of Athens Decatur Huntsville area. You can go east or west with reasonable access. I have been deadheaded to Nashville from here ; however I would reposition myself after 7pm local. I always hated to move during the daytime and be heading the wrong direction. :cool:

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Big Al, you are the winner! Cullman it is. Unfortunately I have lost two bids so far here, but it's only 12:30 CST. Thanks all for the great input, as usual.