pee bottle

lowerbama2006

Expert Expediter
What is the best way to dispose of a 'pee bottle', more specifically, its contents, once full. Long time bottle user here! And I don't write this to be silly. Time is the most precious commodity in this profession and each stop to use the facilities is draining at least 15-20 minutes, hence log-worthy.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
One of those "ew" subjects.....LOL

Many will probably say don't use them, or have a porti-potty if you have room. The reality is, many drivers use them...

It really depends, I think, on how big. For instance.. a small bottle, if you can carry it discreetly, (paper bag, etc)...can be poured down a toilet, then the bottle disposed of. Bigger items, (antifreeze jug etc) perhaps at home or something.

Above all.....please don't leave them sitting in a parking lot, or poured OUT in a parking lot!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

lowerbama2006

Expert Expediter
I think that anyone who takes their bottle and leaves it in a parking lot for some poor, unsuspecting attendant to pick up and dispose of for them, shows nothing but inconsideration, poor, nasty manners, among other negative characteristics. Personally, I think these littered bottles should be DNA sampled, and these jerk off sorry assed drivers should be severely fined!!! Thank you!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Get yourself a hospital urinal or two. Cap fits snuggly, but put it somewhere it won't fall over. You can use it over and over, and just rinse it out after you dump it.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Believe it or not, urine is bio-degradeable--SO--Squirt the Dirt and not the asphalt or concrete. I reccommend the same for emptying a bottle. I share the same sentiments as others about drivers who just leave bottles sitting in parking lots!
Happy whizzing and Merry Christmas
Pappy
34 years T/T:) :) :)

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
just fling it out the window,3 million truck drivers can't be wrong.
x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x(

winter_blues

Expert Expediter
did not even look to see what others said about this, but I just roll down the window and pour it out. Now, I have heard that if you are caught throwing the whole bottle out, you will get fined...don't know where they force this law..anyway, always remember to keep the bottle, cause you might need it again...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Pee Disposable? I find this a funny subject.

Well guys and gals, especially all of you with years of trucking experience need to know that pee is a bio-waste and falls under a bunch of laws that considered it a bio-hazard. If you don’t know it is a serious felony to dump any bio-hazard, and dumping it in a storm drain is even a bigger deal because of these cry baby environmentalist.

I on the other hand think because we have septic systems in the open and motor homes that spill c**p all over the place when they dump, who cares about some pee, it is no big deal. But with that said, there is a difference with Aunt Mabel and Uncle Wilber in the motor home who just spilled 20 gallons of black water and the trucker who just dumped a half gallon of pee behind his truck in the grass; the will forgive Aunt Mabel and Uncle Wilber but not the trucker.

I can not stress this more; it takes one cop to ruin your career with this subject. I know of some lab inspectors who travel all over (for the state of Michigan) if they would see this happen, not only would they complain and have the MSP pull you over, they would get the state AG involved to make you an example for all to see what not to do.

Most of these laws and policies were created to stop the dumping of medical waste, remember the needles rolling in on shore in NY, which carry jail time and have to cover human waste by default. I hate these laws, but it makes companies money who haul the waste away.

It used to be diesel fuel spills were nothing, just wash it down the drain, well now it takes a whole haz-mat response team to pick up a gallon of fuel that spilled after they stop traffic for four hours to secure the area.

Now many of you will say I full of sh** or talking out of my a**, my advice is simple, dump it in a bathroom. Take the time and put it in a bag (preferably a plastic bag) and close the door, no one will care.

That’s my 2¢

dieseldoctor1

Expert Expediter
I used a pee bottle for six years until I got my Aerocell van and had room for a porta-pottie. The way I did it was I got a popular brand of grape juice bottle with a large mouth. (not because of the size of my ____ but because my aim is sometimes bad). Before I used it the first time I got a bottle of chemical for a porta-pottie. If I remember 4 oz of chemical will do a porta-pottie so I just dumped about a tablespoon in the bottle. Since I only used it about once per night and some nights not at all it would last a week or more. When I had a chance I would empty the bottle at home or in a toliet or RV station at truck stop. Rinse bottle out and pour more chemical in and put back in van. Had a special little hole that would hold the bottle secure. No smell and as sanitary as a porta-pottie or RV holding tank. Works fine for us guys but not too good for the ladies even with the large mouth. Since I don't want any ladies mad at me I will have no further comment on that subject.
Dieseldoctor

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
It's not a biohazard . Urine is sterile . Didn't you hear about the kid that peed in an ice machine in a high school ? And whose band motorhome driver unloaded his dump tank crossing a bridge on to a boatload og tourists below ?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>It's not a biohazard . Urine is sterile . Didn't you hear
>about the kid that peed in an ice machine in a high school ?
>And whose band motorhome driver unloaded his dump tank
>crossing a bridge on to a boatload og tourists below ?

No I didn't hear.

Ok, I agree that some think this way and see where you are coming from, but in truth it is listed as a bio-hazard (at least when I took my bio-hazard response training) and no way a complete sterile environment. This is a proven fact.

I really don’t want to sound like a know it all, I am not but I do believe I need to defend my comments with facts. Sorry everyone if I am long winded I am only trying to help.

You may have some medical training, maybe even a doctor, but let me explain my point. Urine is one of many transmission vehicles for pathogens, both virus and bacteria based pathogens. Unless one pees a substantial amount of alcohol, some of these things are alive for hours, even days after discharge. Simply put the fact that there are several fecal-oral transmitted pathogens that are recognized as very harmful to humans and proved as such, even here in North America, so it is important that many understand the differences of dumping untreated human waste and properly disposing of it without endangering others.

Some of these fecal-oral transmitted pathogens include a few nasty things; Cholera, Hepatitis A, Polio, Rotavirus (are just a few of many) all of which we don’t see here too much but a couple of these (Cholera and Rotavirus) been found in small quantities where raw sewage have been dumped in large quantities in water supply sources, i.e. last year’s lake Huron water supply pollution in Canada and Chicago/Milwaukee a few years ago. Oh to add something here, when I work at the research lab, I found out that Cholera can effect people who have O blood type who seem the most susceptible to the point that many have shell fish allergies which are theorized actually caused by a strain of Cholera which some shell fish carry.

I could go into great detail what all of these are, how sick you get and a bunch of other stuff, but I won’t. I can say wash your hands.

Now you may not think the pee bottle thing is a big deal, which I agree with you, dumping a half gallon or even a gallon of pee on the grass is no big deal but others do. My point is simply this; people are anal about things with tuckers, truckers are a target and a lot of the public think that many truckers are outright filthy pigs and throwing a pee bottle out the window reinforces this image. The general public don't know or care what the difference is between an Expediter and a trucker, all they see is a truck and a filthy driver. Some people don’t tolerate this “violating†of mother earth as they drive their SUV, like those tree huggers who go to a rally to save a pine tree in a 1969 bluebird bus that is burning oil and getting 3 MPG. It takes only one time and someone who knows the laws and what to complain about or wants to make an issue out of it to have you’re a** in a sling over this issue. I know two MSP troopers who would not hesitate to call the Michigan department of environmental quality to get them involved if there is a complaint and fine your carrier over improper bio-waste disposal and go as far as file a report with the AG. They hate truckers who don’t follow the law, even the stupidest laws.

Again my advice is to dispose it in the bathroom.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How many times do we see people walking their dogs in rest areas and they are urinating or the other thing on the grass.
What really blows my mind is to watch someone changing a infants diaper and throwing the used diaper on the ground.
But as Gregg says, Truckers are evil beings and the media reminds us of that every day.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The fact that we're having this discussion is an example of one of the effects of deregulation. That is the decline of the quality of some of the people we share the roads with. I got into trucking in the '70s, pre-deregulation. I don't remember EVER seeing pee bottles laying around. I think back then, for the most part, drivers were the kind of people that had too much class to even think about doing such a thing. But as wages have stagnated in a very competitive business, this is what we have.

Anyone up for locking this thread?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
>
>Anyone up for locking this thread?

Unfortunately, 'pee-bottles' are a reality of this business, like them, or hate them. I will leave this thread open, simply because I'd like to see what alternatives people have, that work for them.

Thanks,

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>How many times do we see people walking their dogs in rest
>areas and they are urinating or the other thing on the
>grass.
>What really blows my mind is to watch someone changing a
>infants diaper and throwing the used diaper on the ground.
>But as Gregg says, Truckers are evil beings and the media
>reminds us of that every day.

Ohhhh Rich I am not saying Truckers are evil beings, they are just the opposite, most are law abiding and responsible. It only takes one to be seen doing something that these idiots see and they are all bad, make sense?

the dog thing is funny, now i hear some cities here in Michigan are thinking to have fines for people who don't clean their yards of dog poo before it is decomposed into the ground, when will the insanity end?

dukesadog

Expert Expediter
What about this then...everyone gets a Foley Catheter installed...everywhere you go you have the bag taped to your side...you can get some grannies to knit you a cover for it..maybe with your favorite team on it..

You could probably drive 1000 miles between stops or just drill a hole in the floor and run the hose out...

Think of the fame involved..hey mister..whats that ..um its my foley catheter..wow! can I see it? can I have your autograph! thats cool!

dukesadog

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
It is dangerous, I will give you an example of what happened in my cleaning business.

Person was cleaning toilets and urinals, the Johnny mop fell into a urinal that was not flushed a drop splashed into (person had a terrible cold) her mouth because her nose was stopped up. Two days later she was in the Hospital doctors accused the person of having oral sex with a prosititue (female -straight).

I got stuck with a You got it Workers Comp Claim no fighting this one this persons credibility was intact and I did care for this employee and her recovery.

Just a fact of what happened. BAZAAR....