Peach/Apple Crisp

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I think fresh peaches will be coming in soon to the stores and apples are now being picked in VA. So with that in mind, I would love to have a peach crisp or apple crisp recipe that I can fix in the microwave. It is easy to find these recipes for the oven at home but surely there is way to make this in the microwave in the truck. I would like a tested recipe that I can count on. Anyone have something like that in your recipe book?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
4 large Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice

DIRECTIONS
Spread the apples evenly in an 8 inch square glass baking dish. A deep dish glass pie plate will also work. In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Sprinkle this topping evenly over the apples.
Cook on full power in the microwave for 10 to 12 minutes, until apples can easily be pierced with a knife.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a huge strawberry fan, so I tried this recipe with strawberries instead of peaches or apples. I tweaked it a bit by adding slivered almonds on top. Absolutely yummy!!! :)

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Jenny, thanks so much. This looks like exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!! Yahoo!! Now if I can get my hands on some good peaches!!! :=)