louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have
many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For
those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a
few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during
the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their a--.

2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest... kick their a--.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the
highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing
otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans
fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten
them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their a--.

4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that
you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others
that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe
memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it
will only make you look stupid and get your a-- kicked.

5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an a-- kicking. (Children are exempt).

6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard non military,
inform them of their mistake...and kick their a--.

7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a
blooper...it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh when you hear it, and sooner or later your a-- will be kicked.

8) Next time Old Glory (US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe a-- kicking.

9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your a-- kicked.

10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation.

Our Chain of Command, is to include our Commander in Chief.The
President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of
political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important looking buildings where all those "representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to a Viet Nam Veteran (I can see him kicking your a-- already.)

11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made senses to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a veteran and
therefore, could kick your a--!

12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying
"Let's go kill those Commie's!". And stop asking us where he is!
Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds
me .if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their a--.

13) Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid
(Navy) Coastie (Coast Guard) etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or veteran, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your a-- kicked.

14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the
military, support our troops and their families. Every
Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and
friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of
sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their
families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make
every day. Without them, our country would get its a-- kicked.

- It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom
of the press.

- It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of
speech.

- It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the
freedom to demonstrate.

- It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the
flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the
protester to burn the flag.

Authored by: Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC (Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your a--)

Tony

Expert Expediter
I like this. Made me miss my little brother even more, he's in S. Korea and has a good chance of being shipped to the other s---hole country. Even if someone can't support our gov., please support those that put their lives on the line for the rest of us.

Stand up for what you believe in, don't do something just because everyone else is!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I have a brother in law in the same situation. He is a mechanic based out of Kansas. He is in S. Korea and waiting to see if he will get moved. My brother made it back from Iraq just in time to attend the truck show in Louisville. He was there for almost a year guarding the ports in southern Iraq. He is in the Coast Guard reserves. Lawrence may recall meeting him with me at the show.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I'm not usually a real emotional person, but what our servicemen go thru really hit home for me this week. I went to a wedding, where a long time friend of mine was there with her 8 month old baby, a beautiful, very friendly, laughing baby boy. Her husband is in Iraq. He was home on leave when they got married, and .. coincidently, during that 2 weeks.. she got pregnant. She saw him 2 more times during her pregnancy, he made it home just in time for the birth, and I believe has been home twice since then for a few days.

As I was holding his 8 month old baby boy, it just kind of hit me, that along with risking life and limb, to serve our country, he gave up that simple act, that I was doing instead...

Anyone who doesn't support a man who would willing give up safety and security of himself and his family, to serve our country...SHOULD have there a** kicked!

Dreamer

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Too bad most Americans think the war started Dec 1941....

Did you know the President of the time wanted Canada and Britian to pay cash up front for any munitions?

Did you know 4,000 Canadians died before the U.S. entered the war?

Did you know the U.S has been the last to join in the two Great Wars?

And now President Bush says he's going to save the world?

Give me a break!!!

On that note: My hat goes off to ours and your armed services for a great job!!

Last week at the FlyingJ I ran into an officer stationed out of London Ont. They had just finished a training exercise in the area. I walked up to him and shook his hand and thanked him for all that he was doing and asked him to convey the message back to his unit. He was in shock!
I sure made his day!!

Next time you see a serviceman/woman maybe you can do the same!

hacpro

Expert Expediter
OntarioVanMan- Lay off the President of the United States-
THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD-BAR NONE

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I love it when another American Patriot stands up. Our enemies hate it. So do the uninformed.

"Don't tread on me.":)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
*LOL* The opinions expressed are solely mine and mine alone.

BTW... *CANADA RULES!!*

Good to see patriots in here...My wife is American and a Bush supporter and I paid hell for that Bush comment as well!! :)

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
need a reminder what it's all about? Search for 'blood of heroes' turn up your speakers and sit back. Nothing more need be said.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
when in Canada, I enjoy watching the local TV. Adifferent perspective altogether, especially during war related news, elections and the olympics. Each of our respective countries focus on info of particular interest to it's citizenry. I think, however, that the Canadians and the BBC are better at presenting a less nationality biased view.

Perhaps we can all do a better job of remembering all of the troops for their efforts and sacrifices, regardless of nationality or heritage.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks LM and terryandrene for the thumbs up:)

Edited because of rule #1: Never discuss politics or religion.

hacpro

Expert Expediter
OVM
If you was referring to my post as a negative rating-what did you expect-a positive rating when being negative about the President of the U.S.-

I can assure you that my post was not a knee jerk reaction. I am a veteran that has shed blood for my country and negative comments makes my blood begin to boil when someone speaks negative about the
U.S. or its elected President.
Politics and national pride go hand in hand

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
going against rule #1... Hey now what happened to the 1st Amendment?
Aren't we allowed to disagree with our elected reps?

Hacpro...I understand and Thank You for your service to your country.
Any military just follows the orders of the Commander and Chief of any given country regardless of political opinion.

*LOL* JuJu said I was bashing and you guys say I was bashing so it must be so! BUT I do reserve the right to scrutinize government policys. Thats what the 2 Great Wars were all about.

Lets hope we can get out troops out of those two countrys safe and sound!