parking brakes on and would not drive or reverse.

faridsharif

New Recruit
Hello there
i just bought 2007 hino 258/268 automatic from Copart run and drive and when i went to drive it out it started nice and sounds good with no check engine light or anything except the parking brakes lights on,and when it wormed up and the brake pressure got close to 15 i released the parking brakes and shifted the gear to drive but did not move at all and i tried reverse with no movement at all but the parking brakes lights stayed on, we tried pushing it forward to test to see if the brakes are locked but it did roll forward smoothly but the transmission would not make it run forward or backwards, it got 433k miles but ran with big company with regular maintenance, we tried several times turning it on and off and engage the parking brakes and release it with no luck for more than one hour, Copart refused to return our money because of new policy enforcing sales after payment is made.

faridsharif

New Recruit
no i did not test drive it before but the yard driver said it came in driving 5 months ago and about one month ago they moved it from one spot to another inside the yard and did drive fine moving it, but now it is not moving.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Check the ATF level and make sure the linkage is attached to the transmission. If the fluid was low it should set a code but it’s free to check it.

faridsharif

New Recruit
the ATF level is fine and linkage is attached and there is no codes but as soon as i put in gear the parking brake lights comes on and prevented transmission from moving the ruck.

faridsharif

New Recruit
do you mean that if the parking brakes light is stayed on the computer prevent the transmission from activating the driving mode or some sort of ability to drive?

Reactions: Moot

faridsharif

New Recruit
we tried pushing it forward to test to see if the brakes are locked but it did roll forward smoothly but the transmission would not make it run
Check the ATF level and make sure the linkage is attached to the transmission. If the fluid was low it should set a code but it’s free to check it.
we tried pushing it forward to test to see if the brakes are locked but it did roll forward smoothly but the transmission would not make it run

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
do you mean that if the parking brakes light is stayed on the computer prevent the transmission from activating the driving mode or some sort of ability to drive?
I think you are on the right track there. Good luck!

faridsharif

New Recruit
I think you are on the right track there. Good luck!
Is that a fact that while parking brakes light is on, the transmission will not get activated? please advice if you know more about this issue and thanks for any help i can get....farid

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know any more about your problem. My guess is that it is an electrical/computer problem.

faridsharif

New Recruit
thanks for asking , but the answer is no , i had to move last month and parked the truck until i can find the time to try to fix it.i need to start now to look into what is wrong with it, some told me that it might be the parking neutral switch and some said it might be the NPN (shift switch)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For everyone finding and reading this thread, never buy a vehicle without a comprehensive test drive the same day you are buying it. Good luck with your repair.

faridsharif

New Recruit
woooooow lucky ,i was told today to disconnect the batteries for an hour and connected again by a guy i meet driving same truck(towing truck) with 590,000 miles on it .
i did that and woooooow it works and runs as a champ. thank for all you guys who tried to help and this one extra new experience for someone who might run into same trouble.

Roodi

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got this a problem when I turn my truck on First thing in the morning Red brake light on in dash for 30 minutes after gose off who knows what’s the problem please I need help

Attachments

• 906ADD1C-AB3D-4057-A974-2274D7071F2A.jpeg
    906ADD1C-AB3D-4057-A974-2274D7071F2A.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 6