Panther vs Fedex Expedite

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are not limiting to just expediting we have a certain amount of trucks who only do expedite and than we have the other group of drivers who do other runs that are not expedite. i mainly just wanted to ask which from the two are better in terms for rates and what other expedite companies are there other than XPO.
Other companies? Go to the front page of this website, the major players are listed on the right side, myself if I had tractors I'd look at Load 1. They are in all types of transportation

Reactions: ntimevan

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There is a whole list of expedite carriers on the home page. As mentioned, who is a good fit would be better researched by calling them. Are you using their trailers or your own, will they let you broker your own freight, how are you insured, sign on bonuses, what they pay and don't. It is a whole list of things all the way to how your drivers are qualified. A standard class A driver is much different than someone with endorsements and whether it is a team. You aren't going to get that answer here. Call them specifically with some type of information.
You are essentially looking at the cereal isle in the grocery store and asking which is best, Lucky Charms or Captain Crunch?

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are not limiting to just expediting we have a certain amount of trucks who only do expedite and than we have the other group of drivers who do other runs that are not expedite. i mainly just wanted to ask which from the two are better in terms for rates and what other expedite companies are there other than XPO.
In what context ? Leasing on equipment / drivers with one of the major players vs. looking for partner (brokered/excess freight) carrier relationships are completely different scenarios

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
for example we run with XPO Expedite but use our own equipment and mainly im looking for another expedite company that i can use to have more choices on expedite loads so our trucks are constantly moving and not sitting. Str8trk id be looking to be a partner carrier with an expedite company.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So simply put .... you want the bigger Expeditite carriers to call you with their good loads First ... even though your equipment is Not exclusivly leased on to them only .... ahead of their own O/OP that are leased on to them only ... and you want rates higher than what they pay their own O/OP .... correct ...?

Reactions: fastman_1

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
No you are not correct you are wrong sir. They do not need to call me but id want to bid on the loads and than either have them decline my bid or award it simply just like XPO or email me with their expedite loads. Expedite should be paying over 1.70 per mile no questions asked. Why run expedite under 1.70 when driving straight to delivery...?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No you are not correct you are wrong sir. They do not need to call me but id want to bid on the loads and than either have them decline my bid or award it simply just like XPO or email me with their expedite loads. Expedite should be paying over 1.70 per mile no questions asked. Why run expedite under 1.70 when driving straight straight to delivery...?
Agh now we get the meat, you want to be a partner carrier, now that 1.70 mile is gonna be a tuff nut to crack, rates are in the toilet, the carrier isn't likely charging that. If your sticking firm on the 1.70 that's a reason your trucks don't move much.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So you want Free access to their loads or load boards ..? Kind of like a No-Name Semi -truck Multi -carrier type...?

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
They move but some drivers as we all know get greedy when they should not be considering todays market.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Roger what you looking to do is be apart of many different carriers agent network. You want to be able to haul freight for Panther, FedEx, Load1, and XPO right? Do you have your own MC numbers or are these trucks leased to a carrier?

If your boss has his own MC number then try using Sylectus. What you're trying to do can be done and has been done. You have to meet with the different carriers one on one and see if you can become what is called a partner carrier, that's if you have or own MC numbers

Reactions: davekc and ntimevan