Panther Owner Web.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
24 hours of tech problems with the owner website. It's driving me nuts because my new trucks are not showing.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah the old contracted truck is still on the board because he was on pro and they could not change it to the new rate. I called Panther and the safety department told me they were have tech issues.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
A contract you pay for permits and higher liabilies.

20-24ft straight trucks get $1.30 a mile.

B contract Panther pays permits and lower premiums on bobtail.

20-24ft straight trucks get $1.20 a mile.

Refers 20-24ft get the same $1.55 on both contracts.

I am trading in my FL-70 and I am going to have two refers.

My three trucks are:

Kenworth T-800 with Refer and lift gate. Cat C-10 engine.

Freightliner Columbia with Refer and lift gate. Cat-C10 Engine.

Freightliner Century Dry van with lift gate. Cummins ISX Engine.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I am curious, that's $1.55 for all loads with reefers regardless if it is a reefer load or not?

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
Right but they drop the rate if the refer brakes down. You go back to $1.30 if your on a A contract or $1.20 if your on a B contract. Panther pays $1.25 for a dry van with lift gate on B contract. I am not sure if they pay $1.35 for lift gate on A contract or flat rate of $1.30.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So to help someone out in lurker land......

if I sign on with panther with my d unit reefer, I would get 1.55 per mile on each and every load (or maybe more)?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
..... I would get 1.55 per mile on each and every load (or maybe more)?

In a word, no, just as no other category of vehicle gets the contracted rate on each and every load. Would you get full rate on each and every load you run? Maybe, depending on whether you turn down every reduced rate load or not. Reduced rate offers are a given and while they are few and infrequent they do appear.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was thinking that the next truck I buy wiil be a reefer unit. my question would be are they offering you a lot of loads at a reduced rate. thanks

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure I have had the refer less then a week. They do have a non refer load going to Larado TX from CLeveland paying full rate at $1.55. Get this my dry van with lift gate and pallet jack got a $900 dollar flat rate run to go from Washington DC to New York city. It's only 163 miles of driving.