Panther guys?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I have been on another trucking forum and a member there says panther doesn't rehire you if you leave after the new year. Is this bs like I think or have things changed at the cat?

This guy over there don't seem very bright so it may be his short comings that panther don't want?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Can't say I have heard that. I do know if they had problems with someone or a driver who runs between numerous fleet owners they won't hire them back.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Kind of what I figured. I have on my dac from panther that I am rehireable so I have to question the sources.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
News to me Jake. Some Panther drivers leave to get time at other carriers so they can come back to driver a tractor trailer. I know your trying to do that, so don't listen to everything you hear. Just call into Panther yourself and find out.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Give it some time word of this is just getting around now. P.S that was my post and I didn't say for drivers that left after the new year,I said its a new year and new rules over there. Your more than welcome to pm me and I'll be glade to give you two phone numbers of those 2 drivers I spoke to that happen to. And as of this morning, it happen to me,called and was told I was unhireable when I ask why she hang up on me. New year new rules I guest

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turnover is way to big at places like panther for them to not rehire good drivers.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Maybe it was the way the drivers left, no notice, abandoned or damaged equipment, they don't put no rehire on a DAC for kicks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Give it some time word of this is just getting around now. P.S that was my post and I didn't say for drivers that left after the new year,I said its a new year and new rules over there. Your more than welcome to pm me and I'll be glade to give you two phone numbers of those 2 drivers I spoke to that happen to. And as of this morning, it happen to me,called and was told I was unhireable when I ask why she hang up on me. New year new rules I guest

Ok that was you? Either way I have worked there twice and for Dave (Bruno) both times and have been told by Matt in recruiting that they would love to have me back.

Also as I said you and the other 2 drivers screwed up in one form or another. I don't need phone numbers of the other 2 drivers because all I would get is their side of the story and it usually starts with "it was the companies fault" or "I couldn't help it I was always late".

Both expedite companies I worked for as well as both fleet owners (Bruno) and expediter services would take me back tommorow if needed.

You wonder why? Because I always did as told and when I left both owners I put in 2 week notice and turned their equipment back in to their specified location.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Ok that was you? Either way I have worked there twice and for Dave (Bruno) both times and have been told by Matt in recruiting that they would love to have me back.

Also as I said you and the other 2 drivers screwed up in one form or another. I don't need phone numbers of the other 2 drivers because all I would get is their side of the story and it usually starts with "it was the companies fault" or "I couldn't help it I was always late".

Both expedite companies I worked for as well as both fleet owners (Bruno) and expediter services would take me back tommorow if needed.

You wonder why? Because I always did as told and when I left both owners I put in 2 week notice and turned their equipment back in to their specified location.

Yep that was my post and as for me,I give notice and left due personal family reasons which not going to explain about.I did my time with Panther and yes I will not lie I wasn't happy there for the last few months when I was there.As for the other two drivers,both I know personally once was a former co-driver who quit because he was offer a local driving job,left on good terms but when he try to get back with Panther they told him he unhireable for what reason I can't explain why.As for the second fella,I meet him in class at Seville and we became friends and kept in touch,anyway he left due to a brief medical set back,got the clear from the doc and called Panther and was told he wasn't hireable even tho he was medically clear and pass a DOT exam.Also to make one more thing clear I got a copy of my DAC report few weeks ago which I order every year and it says I was rehireable by Panther pending a review,now I called this morning just for giggles to see what happens,I was told I was unhireable I told her I had a copy of my DAC stating that I was hireable and when I ask why I wasn't she just hang up on me.So my question to you sir,how did we screw up???

armin88

Expert Expediter
Turnover is way to big at places like panther for them to not rehire good drivers.

You got a good point there but if you been around Panther lately they are always hiring left N right.Not saying that may be the case but who knows what they are up to over there.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Former co-driver left and give two weeks notice but here that catch,don't Panther live by a golden rule where they don't get in between fleet owners and drivers? Yep that there memo they don't so why does Panther cares if a driver quits with or without notice,they don't own trucks.As for abandoned or damaged equipment,that may be the case for some drivers but for me and the other drivers I know,it wasn't.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Yep that was my post and as for me,I give notice and left due personal family reasons which not going to explain about.I did my time with Panther and yes I will not lie I wasn't happy there for the last few months when I was there.As for the other two drivers,both I know personally once was a former co-driver who quit because he was offer a local driving job,left on good terms but when he try to get back with Panther they told him he unhireable for what reason I can't explain why.As for the second fella,I meet him in class at Seville and we became friends and kept in touch,anyway he left due to a brief medical set back,got the clear from the doc and called Panther and was told he wasn't hireable even tho he was medically clear and pass a DOT exam.Also to make one more thing clear I got a copy of my DAC report few weeks ago which I order every year and it says I was rehireable by Panther pending a review,now I called this morning just for giggles to see what happens,I was told I was unhireable I told her I had a copy of my DAC stating that I was hireable and when I ask why I wasn't she just hang up on me.So my question to you sir,how did we screw up???

Left for personal reasons? Didn't you end up somewhere else driving for a fleet owner????? I could give a rats *** because I have 2 fleet owners at panther here saying it doesn't sound kosher.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Your words shows your ignorants and shows why we truckers get bad rap cause of people of your kind. Maybe it's a lack of education but what ever the case my be I will not bring my self to your level,so there for have a nice day sir

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is always amazing how these goofy stories get started. Straight from recruiting this morning.
"That is NOT the policy". People can be hired back if they had a good track record and meet all the standard requirements. If they had problems, abandoned equipment, had issues with customers, driving record problem then they wouldn't be eligible for a rehire.
In other words, nothing has changed.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll readily admit to being 100% ignorant concerning the situation discussed here, but could it have something to do with Panther's having been acquired by ABF? Anytime you merge two companies, there are always redundancies, and it may be easier for Panther to winnow out some of their O/O's so that they can give work to the unionized ABF drivers. Just a guess....

Update: ABF and the teamsters have been trying to do a contract for some time now, so that may have something to do with it.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll readily admit to being 100% ignorant concerning the situation discussed here, but could it have something to do with Panther's having been acquired by ABF? Anytime you merge two companies, there are always redundancies, and it may be easier for Panther to winnow out some of their O/O's so that they can give work to the unionized ABF drivers. Just a guess....

Update: ABF and the teamsters have been trying to do a contract for some time now, so that may have something to do with it.

Well the drivers in this situation seem to work for fleet owners and owners have been told good drivers are welcome back so I see no reason to think that IMHO.