Panther Discreminating The O/o !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
"Landstar nevar make a payroll problem for a 4 years with Landstar happen only 2 times misstakes and thay are very nice girls in payroll and thay fix the things in the spot. "

Alborada, if I may, why did you leave Landstar?

And, if I also may, there could be a possibility of something being 'mis-heard', or misunderstood, for whatever reason.. language barrier, the guy is soft-spoken, the phone connection wasn't as clear as it could've been, etc.; in my opinion you should call this man back, calmly tell him what you thought he said, and ask him to explain what he meant. It could be something totally different and unrelated to what you're thinking, and you will have wasted time and energy being so upset and hurt. Go back to him and get the facts before accusing him of discrimination. Even if English were your 'first' language, there is room for misunderstanding, it happens all the time between people, no matter what language, nationality, citizenship, etc.

Oh, and by the way, Canadians seem to like you American folk! At least I do.. and I wanna know.. how can EYE become an American citizen? A Florida resident, to be specific ;)

Reactions: 1 person

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Landstar nevar make a payroll problem for a 4 years with Landstar happen only 2 times misstakes and thay are very nice girls in payroll and thay fix the things in the spot. "

Alborada, if I may, why did you leave Landstar?

And, if I also may, there could be a possibility of something being 'mis-heard', or misunderstood, for whatever reason.. language barrier, the guy is soft-spoken, the phone connection wasn't as clear as it could've been, etc.; in my opinion you should call this man back, calmly tell him what you thought he said, and ask him to explain what he meant. It could be something totally different and unrelated to what you're thinking, and you will have wasted time and energy being so upset and hurt. Go back to him and get the facts before accusing him of discrimination. Even if English were your 'first' language, there is room for misunderstanding, it happens all the time between people, no matter what language, nationality, citizenship, etc.

Oh, and by the way, Canadians seem to like you American folk! At least I do.. and I wanna know.. how can EYE become an American citizen? A Florida resident, to be specific ;)

Why? You can stay 6 months and no ones watching the calender....there's no benefit in spending money on citizenship....

R

rangell218

alborada, if this is happening call the heads of the company there is a chance they know nothing, if still this does not stop it call your rep for your county and you should get help, I wish you the best and keep me posted, you have alot of help right here with drivers alot are fly by night but most are considered family if you get know help post it again and ask for help for your family we can change the world but we are good listeners and can offer diffrent opinions can can send you in the right direction, again never stop when you are right this country is messed up but there are still a few that dont put up with this, a few made a very good point maybe there is a misunderstanding check to make sure before you make the problem worse, comunication is key. and a misunderstand canbe corrected quicker than a fight

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OVM, you giving ideas about breaking the law. Let me remind you that..... ah...... never mind..... :)

alborada

I got to tell you that you may have misunderstood what he meant, but I was not there to say for sure.

I have heard a very similar statement from my relatives who come from Eastern Europe and an ex girlfriend who is Roma, what they meant is they didn't know where the something was, it is lost but will appear. It is something like the excuse kids use "the dog ate my homework". I can see where this could be offensive, some things we say as everyday language offend others without it meaning to.

But here is what I think, you may be better to let this go and focus on what the problems are with the money. Even though there needs to be some sensitivity training to take place, the money is the most important thing.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM, you giving ideas about breaking the law. Let me remind you that..... ah...... never mind..... :)

alborada

I got to tell you that you may have misunderstood what he meant, but I was not there to say for sure.

I have heard a very similar statement from my relatives who come from Eastern Europe and an ex girlfriend who is Roma, what they meant is they didn't know where the something was, it is lost but will appear. It is something like the excuse kids use "the dog ate my homework". I can see where this could be offensive, some things we say as everyday language offend others without it meaning to.

But here is what I think, you may be better to let this go and focus on what the problems are with the money. Even though there needs to be some sensitivity training to take place, the money is the most important thing.

Greg....What laws?....Pedro's a common name now isn't it? To think I spent over $2000.00 and now they are going to give it away.....No bodys watching the hen house anymore....and the wolves are running the show.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Greg....What laws?....Pedro's a common name now isn't it? To think I spent over $2000.00 and now they are going to give it away.....No bodys watching the hen house anymore....and the wolves are running the show.

ha, that thought comes across my mind often during any given day, about many things in life :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey don't laugh...before I was legal down here people in my town were calling me Pedro...jokingly of course.......i think.....doh

Hey the bossman Lawrence is Canadian....well was..he's prolly a citizen now

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Hey don't laugh...before I was legal down here people in my town were calling me Pedro...jokingly of course.......i think.....doh

Hey the bossman Lawrence is Canadian....well was..he's prolly a citizen now

Cool, I'll have to have a chat with Lawrence :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Honesty OVM, as a citizen of this country, I thank you for spending that money.

I am on your side and fighting to keep you from obtaining citizenship for free, and actually working hard to make it so to become a citizen you have to spend more money. $2000 is what some people spend just to get smuggled here, so if they can come up with that amount, lets put a price on it at $20k.

Remember, it is not a right - it is a privilege. People have died trying to come here to start a new life, many more have died defending it, so why make it easy?

Giving citizenship away cheapens my country, invading my country destroys it.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Pjjjj I don't know from where you are but I am now in the London, ON and this is very conservetive city - yes thay don't like american in this city and thau teel this up front. My son have a sourthren accent becuse we are from Ky and he has american accent and thay don't like him and he feelt bad about this, if you like us don't make all Canadians like american it is false , tahy don'like us and tell it are folt that canadian millitery have dead every day in Afganistan.........

Yes he levt the Landstar because we work with thedm and are owne ICC number we have are owne reefer and we do with them work to , but thay are good and most of canadian work for this company becuse thay have a good reputaion...........I am now in Canada my son going to a medical school in Western and I know what is the discrimation specally in London, ON but at list thay are open and said you up fron- not like a Rick who tray later to change the story, but good that I have recordet the confersation b/w both and I know that it was not languche problem but was true discrimination against my housband.

Leo I don't take your advices because you never show real face , always going around and cover the comapany . I things tahat you are one who cover for them and you are geting the favorites from them . I know who what make and Iknow who is Rick and you can tell me forevar you want but I don't count the advaices from you . I see from the topic with - not talk with the other drivers............Of course every one have differnat opinion but this is my and I know that I have the converstion in tape record and I know what happen, better than you . I don't come from the Afganistan I am very international educated person then I don't need to expleined to me the structure of the ruls in the company. I don't like a people who looking only for their owne benefits ..............

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are entitled to whatever you believe. I am one of the more open members on here and never hide my face. I frequently point out that Panther has warts. I am just pointing out that there are two sides to everything and suggesting a method of approach that usually works well.

I did not say don't talk to drivers. I said talk to them privately if you want to discuss important matters. You get much more out of a 2 person serious discussion than a several person bs session. Do not be sucked in to the group gossip mentality. That is useless much more often than it is useful.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Honesty OVM, as a citizen of this country, I thank you for spending that money.

I am on your side and fighting to keep you from obtaining citizenship for free, and actually working hard to make it so to become a citizen you have to spend more money. $2000 is what some people spend just to get smuggled here, so if they can come up with that amount, lets put a price on it at $20k.

Remember, it is not a right - it is a privilege. People have died trying to come here to start a new life, many more have died defending it, so why make it easy?

Giving citizenship away cheapens my country, invading my country destroys it.

Agreed, agreed, agreed.....I don't begrudge paying to come here one bit....although my reasons are different then those of across the seas that come from countries alot worse off then ours....Its too bad it's being torn apart from within....I hope ...no.. I pray we can get all this stuff worked out in the future.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Alborada,

Leo gave you straight forward suggestions on how you might solve the problem with Panther and loads being paid on time. He doesn't play favorites and I seriously doubt that the company has time to play favorites either. It's your choice whether or not you follow the suggestions from Leo, or Dave or anyone else, but to keep complaining about the issue, without at least trying some of the suggestions that you've been given, is counter productive.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Both Leo and Dave have been with Panther a long time and have given you good advice,but you continue to reject it. What are you looking for,someone to cut a check and mail it to you the day a trip is completed,all companys require paperwork that is complete and correct before they issue payment. Most companys have certain cutoff dates and if you miss that date you have to wait until the next pay period. Why don't you have Panther fax or E Mail their pay policy to you and then try to work within that policy. Open complaining is simply complaining and resolves nothing.

Reactions: 1 person

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
I know that Leo qand Davec are long time with this comapany and that whay for them is good and ok to give this advices, but I tell you that me and Rick have a for a second time problems not a first one......When my housband was in Fed EX ground he was inthe favoritees becuse he was 8 years with this company and verything going by seniorite I know this very well, but no one answer me at my question? All the dokuments was scannied in the same day , all was recied and only one was pay?????? Second how this happend every week the same problem every one ???Can some body answer me this ?I know what is and know that thay are ok becuse thay are long time with the Panther , but I am accounting my self and I cen't answer my self - how this happend every week ............

Status
Not open for further replies.