Panther changed their boards again

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
If you drive for Panther you might want to check and see what board you are on now. About 3 hrs go I was on 1 board 3 miles out and now Im on another board 74 miles out (im in Michigan) It would be nice to know where all the board im on now covers......
________
Property For Sale Pattaya Thailand

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, got a QC message stating that they are updating and consolidating 31 states, bringing the number of Hot Spots <snicker> from a silly 607 down to a less-silly, but still silly 364.

QC message also said the new list will be posted today (too late) on the Driver Web under the Research section. Great. There is no Research section on the Driver Web.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sent a message over the QC about the research section on the driver Webb. they said that they would have to research that and would get back to me.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
ok this is gettting to be a very aggravating day......
i been 2nd on the boards here......
by beaver springs n harrisburge PA .....
since yesterday afternoon.......
sooooooo the boards r saying.... there r 7 ..now 10 loads a day out of this area.....
well HELLOOOOOOooooooo
why am i still 2nd and sitting here????????????

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That board was expanded to cover a wider radius last night. That is why the daily load count is higher. It doesn't mean that there have been more loads in your immediate area.
If a load comes up, they (don't know for sure as of today), that it will take the closest truck within 50 miles and go out from there. If it is a larger board, the last truck in may get the load because they come up as the closest truck to the customer.
Case in point, they are showing a board now that includes Corpus,laredo, and Brownsville. You may have a first out in Corpus, but if a load comes up in Laredo, they aren't going to call a truck way over in Corpus Christi unless they have to.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That board was expanded to cover a wider radius last night. That is why the daily load count is higher. It doesn't mean that there have been more loads in your immediate area.
If a load comes up, they (don't know for sure as of today), that it will take the closest truck within 50 miles and go out from there. If it is a larger board, the last truck in may get the load because they come up as the closest truck to the customer.
Case in point, they are showing a board now that includes Corpus,laredo, and Brownsville. You may have a first out in Corpus, but if a load comes up in Laredo, they aren't going to call a truck way over in Corpus Christi unless they have to.

ok......
before the change happend ...... there was 7 loads in the area a day...... after the announcment and change came thru......
it went to 12..... now 10 ..... *sigh*
and im still here......

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would be patient. Something should pop today. That area is usually pretty decent and is reflected in that load count number.

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
If a load comes up, they (don't know for sure as of today), that it will take the closest truck within 50 miles and go out from there.

Im wondering do you have to be on the same board that the load comes out?? or be the closest?? Im am sitting on 1 board but I know a customer is only about 3 miles away , but its on another board....... I was on that board yesterday before the change.. Sitting in my driveway...
________
Ava_Mendez cam

Last edited:

jwc

Seasoned Expediter
I gave up on trying to figger out panther and thier systems a long time ago i just accept the loads or don't move as little as possable for free and pick my spots to move to and allways try to find out where the outher trucks are at and get away from them the board system is a joke some over educated person has set them up till a driver do'es it it won't be right but a driver not an over educated stering wheel holder lol

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I would be patient. Something should pop today. That area is usually pretty decent and is reflected in that load count number.

ok...... its ahhhh 12 12 pm........ its showing me still 2nd and 10 loads daily......
*sigh*
im really hoping to get headed towards texas..... i put in for a home time there. now surely .. there has got to b something going in that direction by now ya would think.....
kinda wanting to get there at some point for the weekend......
i hadnt been fishing in a yr..... LOL
ok yes...... i carry my fishing stuff with me..... heh

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
To the team in Beaver Springs PA-
We sat there Thursday, and a Friday in a 1st out position... and never got an offer- screwed up our whole week. We ended up moving ourselves. Just figured that maybe that shipper dried up, slowed down, or started to use someone else! Moved up to Melton PA and got an offer to pick up in New York- too much dead head involved for short run- so we got pushed back to 4th out... by this time it is Tuesday of the next week!!!!!! We gotta move and we gotta get a run, moved down close to Philly- got an offer for 167 mile run. Pretty discouraging week- but we did end up okay.
Just when you think you got it figured out- it changes!!!! Hope we all run good this summer, Lord knows we need it!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Being on hometime for Texas is likely an issue as well. Even more so from the location your at.. I wouldn't assume that there is a load going that way.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
well........ i guess. if nothing happens by 4ish pm.......
i may head to the pitts area.......
i been here 24 hrs now.

babs3361

Expert Expediter
Morningstar
We got a load out of Pottstown,Pa. going to Laredo today. We want to go to mich for home time guess that won't happen. sorry loads a T/T won't fit on your truck.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
And thus is the reason that I am getting my class A and going to Werner. I got tired of sitting for Panther. I only have until Sunday at this school and I'm outta here! No more sitting for me!:D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Morningstar
We got a load out of Pottstown,Pa. going to Laredo today. We want to go to mich for home time guess that won't happen. sorry loads a T/T won't fit on your truck.

Almost could have worked. We had a truck in Philly this morning that is now on a load to Chicago.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Lorado huh?? *sigh*.......
i use to drive for swift....... i like this much better..... i really dont sit a whole lot..