Owner or driver webb

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is anyone having trouble on the owners or drivers webb with the open payables tab...this has not worked for me in about 2 weeks. talked to someone at Panther and they ask me in I was running it in the compatabilty mode what ever that is suppose to mean. I have not changed any settings on my computer.this was a useful tool and could be used to determine if and where a load would swap.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not sure on the drivers as I don't look at that. On the owners it doesn't work either, but is a duplicate of the "fleet payables".
That tab is at the bottom. Same information is on that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It works for me, both Fleet Payables and Open Payables. The "Miles" figure on both should always be the same (since they come from the same source) and it should always match your Load Receipt. The "Miles' figure on either should not change, as being an indication for a swap, until the new Load Receipt is generated and sent to you via the QC, since it's from the Load Receipt that the "Miles" figure comes from.

The two screen are essentially duplicated of each other, except that on the Fleet Payables you have to wait until the PRO has been processed before the AP Terms and Receive Date are filled in. With the Open Payables, the AP Terms won't be filled in until it's processed, either, but the Received Date will at least show the status of both the BOL Received and the POD Received, and it's a status that shows up rather quickly after sending in the paperwork (mere hours in some cases). Once the PRO has been processed, the BOL and POD status are replaced by the actual date received, same as on the Fleet Payables screen.

On the Driver Web, the Pending Paperwork is the same as the Open Payables on the Owner Web, except that all it shows is the status of the BOL and POD. Once that's been processed, the PRO disappears. Doesn't show anything else, so its usefulness is extremely limited.

Dave, you really should log onto the Driver Web once in a while, otherwise you're missing such backhaul-related gems as this one:

WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE SURE
YOUR ASSET IS POSITIONED FOR SUCCESS
IN AN AREA OF EXPEDITE DEMAND TO
SATISFY OUR CUSTOMER, GROW YOUR
REVENUE AND OUT PERFORM THE MARKET

That's from where they say that all backhauls must now be pre-approved before booking it and committing to the customer. If you can't find a backhaul that takes you directly to an area where they need trucks, they'd rather you sit and rot in Buttcrack, MT than take some kind of load to Armpit, AR that would at least get you a little closer to where they need you.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Turtle,

I am behind the times on the drivers web. I should go visit that more than I do.
With regard to backhauls, we really haven't changed anything. Directional moves are much easier in a ST or TT than they are in a van. The backhauls that we do would be to areas where I know they will be short of trucks except for FL. Those would be mainly for hometime. It wouldn't be likely I would book a load to Idaho or something. Panther loads to say the same area is likely something we would turn down unless it originated out of FL or something. My quess is they want you to call to tell you where they need trucks prior to booking something if they aren't use to you dong it. My personal opinion is it should be to anywhere, but that is just my opinion.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, it seems to me that as long as they get their 15%, what's the difference in where you want to go? As a van driver I don't mess with backhauls, tho. I gave up on that a long time ago. I either won't go to a place where I know I won't get out of, or I'll make sure it pays enough up front to deadhead out on my own.