Our military is screwed

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just learned the Stryker, the current squad mover, is powered by a POS C7 engine. Our military deserves better than that.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I just learned the Stryker, the current squad mover, is powered by a POS C7 engine. Our military deserves better than that.
Actually, you and I are the ones that are screwed - because the military, if past history is any indication, will just end up throwing money - yours and mine - at the problem ...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually, you and I are the ones that are screwed - because the military, if past history is any indication, will just end up throwing money - yours and mine - at the problem ...

Under the direct ORDERS from the civilians who control them. Congress and the President ORDER them to spend money. It are how it are. When you have a problem with the military ALWAYS determine who directed the action you have a problem with. Always look as high up the food chain as you can. NOTHING happens in a vacuum.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Under the direct ORDERS from the civilians who control them. Congress and the President ORDER them to spend money. It are how it are. When you have a problem with the military ALWAYS determine who directed the action you have a problem with. Always look as high up the food chain as you can. NOTHING happens in a vacuum.
Uh-huh ... :rolleyes:

head-up-ass.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Very intelligent. Answers like are likely to further discussions that will help to solve the problem. Like voting out the one who are causing the problem.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wife used to do sales to Andrews, Navy Yard, Quantico, AP Hill, Norfolk.......talk about spend recklessly....whatever they had left over in the budget they HAD TO SPEND or the next years budget would get cut by that amount...the toys those guys would buy..LOL.

You would think a dept. manager would get some kind of bonus for being frugal with taxpayer money....but noooo way.....spend it or lose it, is the way....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Very intelligent. Answers like are likely to further discussions that will help to solve the problem.
Actually, I could say exactly the same thing in regards to your own previous reply.

Your previous reply essentially appears to seek to totally absolve anyone in the military ... while completely condemning those in the political realm ...

40 or 50 years ago you might have gotten away with it ... these days, we are much better informed and so are not likely to fall for that lie.

Like voting out the one who are causing the problem.
Fact of the matter is that while those in elected positions are certainly part of the problem, they are not the entirety of it.

The bureaucracy is also a huge part.

The military is part of the bureaucracy.