OTR Laptops?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The only thing is, what happens if they crash?

And how about if you don't have a good connection to restore those files?

You know some of these service providers use outside providers themselves?

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Or you could just get a Chromebook. Everything is backed up and stored for free. All data is available on any computer.

Eight hour battery, and 10 second boot up . I`m lovin it.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
But again you have to have a good connection to use it. If you are in BFE Nevada where the connection is not there and you need to see something for a customer that you have on you little laptop, what do you do?

A few weeks ago I was in Elkhart and a lightning storm just came through there. I went on line with my little beat up HP laptop and could not get any worth while connection - it would pull up on page and drop the connection. I tried the wifi at McDonalds' and it was the same thing - one page dropped connection. The lightning damaged the connection for these points of presence for both the phone and the internet provider for that McDonald's location.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I have a Toshiba notebook, it is Lab puppy proof. I have 10 keyboard buttons missing that were chewed off and eaten by the puppy, along with teeth bites in my screen and the frame. I will always treasure that moment, lab puppy's can do no wrong. I'm skyraider and I approve this message.:D