OSU vs UofM

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
My wife's brother is getting married on Saturday---right in the middle of the Ohio State vs UofM game! Just how big of a man point deduction is that anyway? To make matters worse, all the brothers in law played college footbal--all are OSU fans...one of em even works at OSU.

So with the game less than a week away, let the trash talking begin!:D

Any predictions on the score?

I'll say OSU 49 UM 17

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
My wife's brother is getting married on Saturday---right in the middle of the Ohio State vs UofM game! Just how big of a man point deduction is that anyway? To make matters worse, all the brothers in law played college footbal--all are OSU fans...one of em even works at OSU.

So with the game less than a week away, let the trash talking begin!:D

Any predictions on the score?

I'll say OSU 49 UM 17

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!

I'll Say 32 To 10 "OSU" :D

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
24 - 10 if we run
45 - 17 if we were to open it up and pass. (would be surprised if this happens, but in this game who knows.)

I'll be enjoying the game with about 150 or so "close" relatives. (My wife's family is huge.) We have been having a "Family Thanksgiving" for about the last 10 years or so now, always on the day of the game. Lots of great food and family fun. (There are even a few UofM fans "allowed" in, but at least they live there and have an excuse.)

Go Bucks!!!

MISSBUDDY

Seasoned Expediter
Being a long time " Blue" fan I can remember the days when Big Blue would run all over OSU. The shoe is on the other foot this week I'm afraid. I

I hope the Michigan can at least make a game of it.

I was hoping Iowa would have beat OSU

UM 14 OSU 37

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
jimby82 wrote:

I'll be enjoying the game with about 150 or so "close" relatives. (My wife's family is huge.) We have been having a "Family Thanksgiving" for about the last 10 years or so now, always on the day of the game.

Well it looks like you will be waiting for dinner or getting together twice from here on out......

U-M, OSU game moved back -- starting next year

Angelique S. Chengelis
The Detroit News
U-M, OSU game moved back -- starting next year | detnews.com | The Detroit News

/U-M--OSU-game-moved-back----starting-next-year
Ann Arbor -- Beginning next season, the Michigan-Ohio State game will move to the first Saturday after Thanksgiving.

They will play Nov. 27 at Ohio Stadium next season, Nov. 26 in 2011 at Michigan Stadium and Nov. 24 at Ohio State in 2012.

You can finish the complete article at the link above..

As for the game, there is no doubt that OSU has had Michigans number since
Tressel came along..Tressel has been the exact opposite of Copper when UofM owned OSU. One thing to keep in mind is that the best team between the 2 is not always the winner...more then a few time while Cooper was losing , OSU had the better team...something to keep in mind..Another thing about this Mich team that not many people realize is that they lead the Big Ten in Offensive Scoring averaging 31.3 pts a game, its the defense that is killing them...the other thing is that the game has now gone back to what the old time osu/ u of m fans use to call the "1 Game Season"....for michigan, winning saves their whole season....so who knows. I think it will be a good game,

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Well needless to say, that just stinks! I hate it when they mess with tradition. Wait till you see the OSU uniforms Saturday.:mad: (BUTT ugly to be kind.) White helmets, no buckeye leaves either. Crappy shoes. Yuck! Say they are "honoring" the 1954 National Championship Team. (More like lining Nike's pockets)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
i got a picture of the uniforms last week, i always liked the plain uniforms with no player names, like Penn St.

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
..Another thing about this Mich team that not many people realize is that they lead the Big Ten in Offensive Scoring averaging 31.3 pts a game, its the defense that is killing them...QUOTE]

Yeah---but that 31 pt average is a little inflated by the 63 points they put up against Delaware State. They only average 21 points against other Big 10 opponents. Like you said though, Michigan's defense hasn't shown up for most of the season.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
oh there is no doubt that mich as put points up against weaker non conference yeams, but it still showes those 2 freshman can move the ball...it isn't foreign to them...i don't see mich winning, but i wouldn't be surprised to see a good game either...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The offense turned the ball over too much. QB fumble in own end zone. Interception in red zone and just too many picks. Blue was in the game and not a blowout. Defense wasn't terrible, but not great either. Played good enough to keep them in game. U of M will be much better next year and after that will be back to being a great team.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
U of M will be much better next year and after that will be back to being a great team.

Just wondering what you base that on? Do you have a crystal ball that can see 2 years into the future?

Michigan has not been Michigan for several years now.