OSU vs UofM

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
thought score was 31 to 10
If you want to win,UM needs another coach.We beat him when he was at west va,will do same thing now
only thing down on OSU's offence is the QB and he will be much better next year,cause TP will be a wide receiver catching passes,not throwing them

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
ohio.jpg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just wondering what you base that on? Do you have a crystal ball that can see 2 years into the future?

Michigan has not been Michigan for several years now.

I base it on the fact that Michigan hired a head coach who has a proven record everywhere he has been in turning football programs into winners. Rich Rodriguez - NCAA College Football Information & Resource

In 2006 Michigan was 11-0 and ranked 2nd in the country going into the Ohio State game, who were ranked number one. Other than that season, yes your statement that Michigan has not been Michigan is correct.

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
I dunno. It sounds like the boosters have had enough of Rich Rod. As a Buckeye, I hope they keep him around for a good long while.:D

I think there are plenty of other teams in the Big 10 that will come back stronger next year. Wisconsin and Purdue for example. UM seems to have gotten worse as the year progressed.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I base it on the fact that Michigan hired a head coach who has a proven record everywhere he has been in turning football programs into winners. Rich Rodriguez - NCAA College Football Information & Resource

In 2006 Michigan was 11-0 and ranked 2nd in the country going into the Ohio State game, who were ranked number one. Other than that season, yes your statement that Michigan has not been Michigan is correct.

Rich Rod has been a good coach in the past that is true. His problem now, and it's a big one, is recruiting. He left West Virginia shortly after signing a new big contract ( for W Va. Anyhow) and was villified by the fans there. He did not handle it well and his reputatin took a dive. When Justin Boren left and transfererred to Ohio State of all places, that really made him look bad. That QB, I forget his name, headed for the hills too. Boren has been telling all kinds of stories of disaray and chaos in their program, and Lack of conditioning being a big issue. Does this make Rodriguez a bad coach? Maybe, maybe not.. I submit his rep has been far too damaged at U of M to remain. They should go after Jim Harbaugh or get this...Urban Meyer.. Meyer has a clause in his contract that allows him, if the opportunity were to come up, to leave Florida for Notre Dame, Ohio State or Michigan.
In any event, it's time for Rich Rod to hit the road...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rich Rod is NOT a Michigan style coach. He must go. He does NOT fit in with Michigan football traditions. And how could ANY of you Buckeye fans LIKE beating a weak team? It is ONLY fun when everything is on the line, best against best. I am disappointed in you. :(

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Actually, you're right. In an ideal season, both teams would enter The Game undefeated. So much better crushing hopes and dreams when it actually means something! :eek:

I actually openly cheer for Michigan two times a year (well once a year for the last two years ;)) When they play Notre Dame and their bowl game.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL!!! NOW you got it!! Yeah I go for OSU when THEY play Notre Dame and their bowl game as well!!! I hope that U of M can find a "Michigan Style" coach and get rid of this guy. The coaches at Michigan have always been more of a father figure first, coach second. I remember when Carr coached at my high school. I knew that family well when I was growing up. They lived 3 blocks from were we did. They are good people. Carr graduated with my older cousin.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Although its always fun to "hate" UofM football, everything I've heard about Carr off the field has always been positive. His players respected him. (plus he can't be all bad, he's one of my fraternity brothers - Kappa Sigma)

I agree, Rodriguez doesn't fit in with the type of coach you would expect Michigan to hire. He seems to "whine" way too much about what happened before he got there. (Sound familiar?)

Just because he had success in the Big East does not mean he will find it in the Big Ten. Penn State played (and beat on a yearly basis) most of the current Big East schools. I am sure they thought they would dominate the Big Ten when they joined. One title in sixteen years! It's just not the same.:p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, Penn State found out what football REALLY is when they joined the Big Ten!! Them teams in the Big Ten beat the SNOT out of each other, week in and week out.

Not to worry, Michigan will come back and we can go back to "Hating" each other again!!! A most honored enemy!! :D

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We beat WV when Rich Rod was there,what makes anyone think would be different in Michigan

Michigan will be able to recruit better athletes than WV. Combine that with an excellent coach with staff and they should be able to field a better team than WV ever has. They just need a little more time to get a few more players to fit their system . Just wait and see OSU, err the team down south.:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't like this coach, he does not appear to fit in with Michigan traditions of what a coach should be. I don't mean in his football coaching. Bo and Lloyd had a STYLE about them. They put players LIVES first and winning second. They were able to get the best out of everyone that played for them while trying to turn those young men into competent adults. They had their priorities straight. Football itself is NOT the most important thing in those peoples lives. Growing up to become responsible adults is. College is for education. It is NOT a minor league for the NFL. MOST college players will never play in the NFL. School programs SHOULD be geared to the majority of the players, not just the few who will end up playing pro ball.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gotta keg o beer.
Gotta bag o chips.
Gotta bag o pretzels.
Gotta da bbq goin wit Johnsonville brats.
Gotta new 46 flat screen.
Cant wait for the big game to begin.