Open door policy,doesn't mean that for most compan

VanMan

Expert Expediter
"Open door policy"?"
Jan-03-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
What do some of the expediters mean by open door polcy?
Thanks
Alan

Kinda like when someone says your fly is open,what does that mean? Well, duh? That was pretty stupid ! What a question !!! Every company
uses that phrase,they just don't actually mean you can come right on in.Say for instance a Toledo based expedite company...no names TnHawk,I don't want to offend you.They have an open door policy....but they have to buzz you in,for reasons someone might attack a dispatcher or recruiter. That's not an open door policy,for the drivers. Especially when the drivers lounge is located 3 miles down the road from the corporate office.That's caring for your drivers.:)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
RE: Open door policy,doesn't mean that for most co

Vanman,

Is there a reason why you are starting a new post - when there is an active topic already going?

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Sacred cows make the best burgers

"So tell me, are those cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"

Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, it just gets replaced

You can't tell a book by its movie

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

abcwine

Expert Expediter

Hey Vanman,
It's a big building here. We wouldn't want you to get lost if you just walked in. We will gladly take you on a tour of the building if you'd like and even introduce you to dispatchers face to face.

abc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

You can't ask for more than that. Take them up on their offer. If nothing else, you will get a better understanding as to how they operate. This can be beneficial at any company.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Don't worry bout offending me, Van... I've scrapped with the best of em LOL :7 :7 :7

Oh... and I found out where your other post is... right there where you left it. No one's been responding to it, so you'll find it near the bottom of the first page in the Newbies Forum.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The last Carrier I was with is also Based in Toledo. Here is their Open Door Policy. Walk in to the Office there you will find 3 People in Dispatch including the Operations Manager The sales Manager if he is there most often he was out on sales call. and if you happen to run into him out in Public now sit down for this He would Talk to you!! anyways back to the Office. You would also find a Person who is a Broker. All of these People Knew my Name! Now you go to the Back Office.Here you will Find The Safety Guy.Also Knows my Name and Always ask if the Front Office was Taking care of me and I had his Personal Cell Phone Number Told me to call anytime I had a Problem Outside of Office Hours....I called it once and He Answered!!!Too me thats Open Door! Anytime I'm in Toledo I stop by to say Hi and its still Open Door.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones