On the Democrat side...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I hope Obama never gets to collect a penny after leaving office.
Hoping that Obama dies immediately after his successor is sworn in is a little over the top, isn't it?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I didn't say anything about dead, just not getting a penny. He can go straight to jail and not collect $200 or whatever works out for him to never get another penny.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Or even before...nope...I wouldn't object! Especially after watching his dismal failures with the military!
Think about things that are honorable and seek peace.
Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
For karma is a bitch.

I didn't say anything about dead, just not getting a penny. He can go straight to jail and not collect $200 or whatever works out for him to never get another penny.
There are only three exceptions where he would not get a penny are: 1) if he leaves office as a result of him being impeached and convicted of "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" (Article II Section 4); or 2) "for any period during which such former President holds an appointive or elective office or position in or under the Federal Government or the government of the District of Columbia to which is attached a rate of pay other than a nominal rate;" or 3) if he dies immediately upon the inauguration of his successor.

1) He's not going to be impeached, much less convicted of anything, between now and January.

2) I can't imagine you'd want him to be appointed to or hold some other elected federal office for the rest of his life, as even if he did have another elected or appointed federal job, he would still get the presidential pension upon leaving that job. Although, I suppose you should be careful what you wish for... Supreme Court Justice Barack Hussein Obama would prevent him from getting any of his presidential entitlement.

3) So that leaves death as the only plausible exemption.

(on a side note: If Hillary Clinton publicly uttered the phrase, "As soon as I become the President, Supreme Court Justice Barack Hussein Obama has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" the Republican Senators would be falling all over themselves to confirm Judge Merrick Garland as Scalia's replacement. <snort>)

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hoping that Obama dies immediately after his successor is sworn in is a little over the top, isn't it?
Not really; remember how many Democrats and liberals wished for W's death before he had moved out of the White House? They even made a movie about it:

Outrage Over Documentary on Bush Assassination

One can only imagine the hysteria and outrage from liberals and the MSM if such a movie were made about the first black POTUS, who just happens to also be a radical liberal. Even mentioning this online is apt to bring the Secret Service to our doorstep before the day is over
:tank:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not really; remember how many Democrats and liberals wished for W's death before he had moved out of the White House?
I still think it's a little over the top. Just because some liberals had the same wish for Bush doesn't make it somehow OK or any less over the top.

Incidentally, that was a British movie, and I don't recall that many US liberals rejoiced over the film or wished Bush dead. Even Hillary said, "I think it's despicable. I think it's absolutely outrageous. That anyone would even attempt to profit on such a horrible scenario makes me sick."

But of course, she didn't see the film. It's really not an anti-Bush film at all, but just a political thriller.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager